View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 01:00 AM
agivney

Thanks for getting back to me

Thanks for your encouraging words. I am actually located in Sydney Australia. I have been doing some further research and am steering toward the same mount, but a different scope.

I am considering getting the Celestron 1100 HD f10, and initially using it with the Starizona Hyperstar, which will give me a focal length of around 460mm with an aperture of f2 (that should make my early attempts at astrophotography more manageable). Of course, when I remove Hyperstar I will have the normal Celestron scope readings. I will also be purchasing an auto guider.

I am heading toward deep space photography but I also want the option of viewing at high magnification and eventually when I get the hang of things photographing distance objects. The more flexibility I can have the better.
I plan to purchase everything in about a month from now after hearing what people have to say. I am also doing a lot of research concerning during this time how to align the scope, and making myself familiar with objects in the sky and the concepts of astrophotography etc. There is a lot to learn!

By all means give feedback!

Thanks.