View Single Post
Old 14-05-2014, 08:44 PM
Suzy
Searching for Travolta...

Waaaaaaaah ! My telescope got rained on for the very first time in 5 years. I was being wildly optimistic to view the Saturn/Moon occultation tonight so wheeled it out to cool mirror down, and Russ was super keen to take pics spending the last couple of days getting stuff prepared for it. He still thinks we got a chance with optimism that would tug at ones heart strings (I blame him for scope getting wet lol). With an hour yet to go for the event, I really don't think this is going to happen- it'd take a miracle. Boooooh Brisbane!
At least I got a very quick look at Saturn near the moon between a cloud gap, so I'll have to be happy with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1 View Post
I have written to Gianluca re contributing some images after he contacted me but stressed that I was not into AP and take photos holding the SLR to the eye piece. It's as low-tec as it gets but has yielded reasonable results in the past - at least for documentation purposes. The weather is pretty marginal here in Dunedin at the moment, so it may be a non-event for me.

Suzy, you should have no trouble imaging Saturn with your 10" dob and SLR. The dob provides so much light that exposure times should be able to be kept sufficiently short . The only other problem might be the dynamic range of the pair, so be sure to shoot RAW.

Then again, I'm really in no position to give advice since I don't even do prime focus
Hi Mirka, thank you on behalf of so many people (including me by the looks grrr!) for having a go at contributing. In my opinion, any image is a good image as it allows the people missing this event (moi, for one ) to see it. Thank you also for the tips- tho....