View Single Post
Old 13-05-2014, 06:52 PM
Peter Ward
Galaxy hitchhiking guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renato1 View Post
Let's see, I said,
"And curiously or coincidentally or not so coincidentally, ever since the big sunspot groups have dried up in the late 1990s, the earth's temperature has entered a pause, a hiatus - has failed to increase."

You said
"What utter rubbish."
Yes. What about a positive number, even a cherry picked 0.04 don't you get?

Wait 500 years..or at least well past an election cycle....you get 2 degrees...wait 5,000..or roughly recorded human history... and you get 20 degrees.... I would think a run of 70C degree days would kill most flora/fauna. Let it run a little longer and we can make a cup of tea....just leave the kettle outside for a bit.

Quote:
I quoted the IPCC,
"Climate Models and the Hiatus in Global-Mean Surface Warming of the Past 15 Years.
For example, in HadCRUT4 the trend is 0.04 ºC per decade over 1998–2012, compared to 0.11
"
The executive summary, which I've quoted directly, twice now, includes sources other than Hadley, and indicates a much higher figure.

Quote:

You now still refuse to believe a Hiatus exists, saying that your statement about my statement being rubbish is still true, and decide to go into a homily about Global Warming and long term trends over short term trends and the planets.
Again, the 15 years Hadley data is positive. The Stefan-Boltzmann law is not a homily or fantasy.

Quote:
A classic attempted snow job and attempt at diversion from your first factually incorrect and unsupported statement.
So the IPCC executive statement is wrong? I think not.

Quote:
Do you admit the existence of the Hiatus, or do you chose to remain in denial?
Regards,
Renato
Critical thought. Give it a try.