View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 12:26 AM
Screwdriverone (Chris)
I have detailed files....

No worries Kana and thanks for the compliment.

As I just mentioned in my PM, if you want to go towards AP, then think seriously of an HEQ5 Pro (second hand or new) and maybe an ED80 second hand. You could probably get both for around $1000 ish all up and get cracking quite quickly.

A new HEQ5Pro and Bintel 200mm F4 newt reflector here is $1699 and is very similar to what I have for visual and AP and you should be able to get 30 sec-1 min shots with a DSLR quickly without guiding if your polar alignment is good.

Consider splashing your $1500 on some second hand kit if you can wait, it will lessen the blow, give you access to some top gear for reasonable money (check out Icetrade now for some nice ED80's and mounts) and then you will have some change to buy power supplies, extras like coma correctors and T rings and dew heaters etc, if the bug bites you hard.

Of course, if you are impatient like me and want that new scope smell, well, make sure you post your kit list here first and we can analyse it for you to make sure it is a good deal and offer suggestions as to the best bits you will need from day one.

Cheers

Chris