View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 02:39 PM
2stroke (Jay)
The devil's advocate

The nextimager and 900nc's are great cam's to start out with and learn from and thats what we used and most people here as a first cam. There are much better cams about but for the price secondhand and at there age they give good results and fun.

For dslr's canon EOS's are the best for new comers as the software support is great with APT and Backyard EOS and the 1100D is probably the best bang for buck ever when buying the body only it can be had for just $250 or less when on special. It only offers 720p but a 600d is going to cost you double or more for 1080p. The 1100D is the best bang for buck dslr camera for astrophotography ever and is tried and proven. It can be modded by yourself for Ha by removing the IR cut and there's no need for a badder IR replacement as the LP filter does the job better then it. I really rap on to much about them though i just love them to death even though i have moved onto ccd, it's like canon made them thinking of ap work and forgetting the photographer which made the price so sweet.

There are many more cams out there though i would say money is a factor as with everyone getting into ap work. The Imaging Source make some A1 planetary cameras though the price is fairly expensive for a new comer and you probably wouldn't see any benefits till you got a tracking mount be it eq or alt/az. Anyhow gl with it

Lol i wouldn't put a 10" on a HEQ5 unless it was in a obs shielded from even a fart and worked of its tits.

Last edited by 2stroke; 05-10-2013 at 02:51 PM.