Thread: eq8 is here
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 09:18 PM
h0ughy (David)

10 days of product testing at Queensland Astrofest

now on to more pressing matters – the eq8!!!!!!! simply saying this - IT IS BLOODY UNREAL!!!

First night – rms of 0.02 – this was witnessed by several people and was guiding at f6.3 through the c11 I was using. the Weeks average was 0.06 – 0.11 with the exception for Thursday as the seeing week pear shape for a short while and the rms was 0.33 guiding through a 60mm guidescope and a lodestar

simply put we worked out the two star alignment procedure and then adjusted the offset to find the SCP – two iterations for me and it was done – I never touched it for the rest of the week. But – and there is a big but – I hate the pier – its a mongrel to setup and level – but in saying that its very stable.

I will wright up more later but in a nutshell it goes to object very very well from a 1 star alignment. absolutely no backlash, however I do think that there is a bug in the 3.35 version of the software - those that had that on eq6's alt eq6 and the other eq8 had the same bug - a jump in the tracking at a regular interval
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (DSCF2025web.jpg)
190.0 KB320 views

Last edited by h0ughy; 11-08-2013 at 09:40 PM.