PDA

View Full Version here: : Dark Site needed.

azagil
21-11-2012, 01:40 PM
Hi all,

I have just moved to the edge of melbourne. (Sunshine) and live right next to the ring road, I was wondering if anyone new of some good dark sites I could head to as I am not from the area and wouldnt know in which direction to head.....distance isnt an issue as I dont mind driving. Thanks in advance.:thumbsup:

Wazmitch
22-11-2012, 09:32 PM
Hey Aaron,
Hmmm... Dark sites... That's a hard one in the west area.
I live in deer park, and I have found it hard to find any dark place, unless you head out to the country area near Bacchus marsh. Even though it may still give you some residual light, but its pretty good. You could also head out along the Bacchus marsh/werribee road. That can give you darkness there, but still some residual light. They are both bout 30 min drive.

If you want close to complete darkness, you will probably need to head to ballarat (approx 50min) and then head towards dalesford way. That's where you'll get much darker skies... Prob about an hr+. Also have to keep an eye out for kangaroos!

Hope that helps!

azagil
16-01-2013, 01:20 PM
Thanks heaps for that, I have been heading out to a spot near Baccus Marsh and it's pretty good, looking at the forcast at the moment to head out further in the next few weeks to find something darker......DAM LIGHT POLUTION!!:mad2: