PDA

View Full Version here: : Vixen PC Controls

Grimmeister
18-11-2012, 03:21 PM
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to help out a mate with his Telescope mount and I am seeking some advice from someone that has had experience connecting a Vixen SkySensor 2000 PC GoTo system to a Computer for control via Cartes Du Ciel (Sky Chart). I have an EQ6 from Skywatcher and EQMod running perfectly but am stuck with the Vixen mount.

So far I have managed the following:

1. I can connect from Sky Chart to the Mount using the LX200 Integrated Drivers and can perform a Slew action to a point on the Map and this appears to be pointing in the right direction when slewing so it is working, however:
· With this driver selected I cannot get the mount to move under any manual commands in the LX200 control panel to allow me to accurately point to an object and Sync the chart to it.
· Also I cannot get the mount to park back at the home position, it simply disconnects and stays where it is.
2. I have also downloaded the Vixen plugin for Ascom (as found here (http://www.ascom-standards.org/Downloads/ScopeDrivers.htm)) and Installed the Ascom platform however despite selecting the correct COM port (as mentioned this works in the LX200 drivers connection) I am greeted with a message that the COM port did not respond.
· When set the Sky Sensor 2000 PC unit for PC mode operation I have definitely set it to either LX200 or SkySensor2000 modes respectively to allow a PC connection so I am confident this is correct.
· The Sky Sensor Unit is version 2.05 and this is an option in the ASCOM Driver to select so I assume this is correct also.
Does anyone know what the correct settings are that allow the use of the ASCOM drivers and plugin or how to get the LX200 drivers working properly so I can get him set up with the full capabilities of slewing, manual adjustments, Syncing with Sky Chart, as well as parking the scope (preferably in a custom position so he can roll off and on the Observatory roof without releasing the clutches and having to reset the pointing accuracy data each time?

Many Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers

Anthony