PDA

View Full Version here: : Permission to use eclipse images

Shark Bait
16-11-2012, 12:00 AM
The quality of the eclipse images that have been uploaded to this forum are really good. I am happy for all who made the trip up north and were rewarded with totality. It was looking a bit too cloudy for a while.

My request....

I have taken over 100 images of the partial eclipse from Brisbane and I will be making them available to any child at my Son's primary school who wants them at no charge. All they have to do is provide me with a blank CD / DVD and they can have my original images as a keepsake.

I am seeking permission to use donated images from IIS members that cover the event from FNQ. There is no money changing hands and it is all aimed at inspiring the kids to take an interest in Astronomy and Science.

Please PM if you are willing to share your images with these children.

Regards,
Stuart.

Kunama
16-11-2012, 07:36 AM
I wish I had images to give you for this purpose .......... its is an excellent idea though ........ hope you get lots of PMs re this.

Shark Bait
16-11-2012, 08:12 AM
Cheers Matt.

It was my Science Teacher who gave me one of his photos of Halley's Comet that really got me interested in Astronomy. One black and white photo changed how I viewed the world from that point on.

Some of the kids have taken a strong interest after the Transit of Venus and I hope the Ecliplse will catch the interest of others.

I have had 3 very generous offers so far. If anyone else is willing to share their images please let me know. I will ensure that you are credited and that the students know that they are not to use your photos for commercial purposes.

Regards,
Stu.