PDA

View Full Version here: : Any chance of an iOS app?

04Stefan07
15-11-2012, 10:13 AM
This is my favourite forum that I use and the one I use the most over others by far.

I would like there to be an IceInSpace app for iOS with access to the forum in a mobile format.

Are there any future plans for this to happen, would love to see it!

iceman
15-11-2012, 03:00 PM
I've been thinking about it for a while but just haven't had the time.

I browse on the iPhone regularly and agree it's not great, but still achievable :)

MrB
15-11-2012, 03:55 PM
I don't have any problem viewing the forum, seems to work fine, but the iOS Safari browser doesn't like it when viewing images that are posted, they are almost always truncated.

Steffen
15-11-2012, 08:30 PM
How about Tapatalk support instead? It works nicely for other forums I frequent.

Cheers
Steffen.

Nico13
15-11-2012, 09:58 PM
Yes I also use Tapatalk and it seems to do the job ok for other forums.

04Stefan07
18-11-2012, 01:19 AM
Switch to Chrome, I hate safari it's rubbish.

Pics come up fine in chrome.

MrB
25-02-2013, 04:00 PM
For all you iOS Safari users(I tried chrome, didn't like it) I made an accidental discovery today.
When viewing the IIS hosted images, the image is often truncated and if you try to slide the image with your finger it just moves the 'page' not scrolling the image.
Well today I used two fingers to zoom in on an image and... hang on, did the image just scroll? Yes it did!
So.... use two fingers as if you are going to zoom, but don't, just slide both fingers left/right/up/down together and the Image scrolls :D

Someone probably already knew this, wish I did sooner :lol:

Edit: Seems to be a scroll for sub windows, as it also works for scrolling the little text entry window for making/editing posts when there's lots of text or a lengthy quote :thumbsup:

Octane
25-02-2013, 06:25 PM
omg, you didn't know that? lol!

Also, the little fit to page/original size buttons work if you tap on them twice.

H

bert
25-02-2013, 06:48 PM
I didn't either... Any more tips h?

MrB
25-02-2013, 07:53 PM
Nup, have picked up a few tips along the way, but not that one. I tried to search for a solution once but wasn't having much luck phrasing the search terms so didn't really get anywhere.

When I got my first iPhone I was not real happy that there was not even a basic iOS for dummies user manual included. Something small, say a bit of paper folded three times with a few of the more common gestures would have been nice. For a short while I was getting an iphone mag that had a lot of tips but most of it was rubbish so stopped getting it.

I sussed the 'fit to page' button just after I found the way to scroll and it was now visible to me, but cheers for the tip anyway ;)

Ask me how long it took me to find out how to take a screenshot!
On second thoughts, nah don't ask! :lol:

Octane
25-02-2013, 11:55 PM
lol!

Also, I'm sure you've worked out the whole double-tapping on text in a browser to fit it to screen thing? Double-tapping towards the bottom/top of text scrolls it. Double-tap on text again to return to normal size.

H

MrB
26-02-2013, 12:34 AM
Yeah worked out the double tap real early, works well to hide the advertising here ;)
So happy to discover the image scroll thingy, that has annoyed me with the images posted here for years! hahaha
iOS Safari now feels 'whole'.

pluto
26-02-2013, 03:14 AM
+1 for Tapatalk, personally I'd prefer something that works on both iOS and Android as I use both.

gmbfilter
28-02-2013, 05:33 AM
I thought it was a problem with me.
Not enough coffee

Nikolas
12-05-2013, 11:30 AM
Another one for tapatalk

polardan
27-08-2013, 10:17 PM
I would prefer it just web optimized for mobile devices.

Other forums detect when you are on mobile device and load the thread lists clean and neatly. The main one I frequent that works nicely is the tr-register.co.uk/forums