PDA

View Full Version here: : Butt Naked

fauxpas
13-11-2012, 08:22 AM
Anyone else get out there butt naked in the middle of the night for a view or is it just me?

Anyone from the ISS looking down at me would be laughing their international arses off...

Last night, I let my dog out at 2am for a pee and I look up and Jupiter is calling me like a naked siren on a beach "look at me look at me!!!"

I couldn't help it... The dog runs back in the back door to go to bed as I walk out with my scope...

That's about the 3rd time I been butt naked out the back after midnight for a view since I started observing a couple of months ago...

Am I alone in this?

:eyepop:

LewisM
13-11-2012, 08:27 AM
MANY times.

We have a LARGE hallway, that opens onto our outdoor entertainment area - easily 20 meters of glass, facing roughly North East. I get to see Jupiter and Orion from my hallway every cloudless night.

Plus, no need to expose the vital equipment to the elements, let alone a telescope :)

barx1963
13-11-2012, 12:02 PM
Come down to Colac and give it a try! Frost bite is not nice in some parts of the anatomy.:sadeyes:

Malcolm

Screwdriverone
13-11-2012, 12:11 PM
Interesting......

Wouldnt the act of being naked in the backyard defeat the purpose of viewing????

What with the full moon and all......;)

Cheers

Chris

lacad01
13-11-2012, 12:25 PM
No way! Too many mozzies where I am :P

bartman
13-11-2012, 01:17 PM
If its warm enough....for sure!!!!!!
Your not alone!!!!!
Cheers
Bartman

Nico13
13-11-2012, 01:18 PM
:rofl::rofl:You wouldn't want a bite on your full moon now would you! :eyepop: :lol:

GrahamL
13-11-2012, 01:21 PM
Very much alone!!, until your neibours kid with there new torch spots you and the cops arrive :lol: I'm pretty sure my wife would deny knowing me and go back ro bed.

note to self ,, cross Tony of list of who to meet up in the night to observe with :) :)

inline_online
13-11-2012, 04:14 PM
I did an outreach session at the South Perth foreshore a few years back with my fly undone:lol: Does that count?

loki78
13-11-2012, 09:09 PM
I live in a unit with a balcony with no roof next to a big carpark, so just being out there with my scope I get enough looks from every man and his dog. That, and I am one block from the cop shop.