PDA

View Full Version here: : Attention Connoisseurs of Fine Geekyness

sheeny
07-11-2012, 05:55 PM
:lol:

Just been playing about with FLStudio again. I've just finished a remix of the only piece of music of mine with lyrics... Android Rock. Yes, the voice is fully synthesized.:P

http://soundcloud.com/al-sheehan

...just because I can...

:rolleyes:

Al.

Larryp
07-11-2012, 05:58 PM
Interesting sound, Al:thumbsup:

Baddad
07-11-2012, 07:36 PM
Interesting Al,:)

Tell us more. I don't know a great deal about music. What I believe you have done intrigues me. That is if I am correct in what I think you have done. Cool.

Cheers:)

Shark Bait
07-11-2012, 07:41 PM
I played the track and my boy came running up to the computer to see what I was listening to. He liked it. I think he can relate to it now that he has his own voice modulator.

Sounds like Stephen Hawking.

sheeny
07-11-2012, 08:08 PM
Thanks guys. Its just a bit of fun. having a play around.:lol:

Not quite sure what what more you want to know. I've been playing guitar since I was 15. Back in those pre-internet days, sheet music was expensive so we only bought what we really liked and learned to improvise and write our own. The basic riff is one of those I wrote.

I've had FLStudio for years. I bought an old copy of V4 a long time ago and only this year lashed out on the latest version (V10). It lets you model and mix music and of course record it. It keeps me amused modelling my old guitar riffs and music and then writing and mixing in other instruments (that in real life I cannot play!;)), but the challenge there is working out what works on other instruments.:) FLStudio contains lots of instruments and effects including Vocoders and a Speech Synthesizer which I set to Monotone Robotoid to make the voice for the lyrics... then type in what you want it to say.

I'm still very much a novice at mixing and the automation side of things.

Of course its nothing like jamming, but its fun in its own way.

Of course the true geeks among us will have no problem decoding the hexadecimal.;)

Al.