PDA

View Full Version here: : Superman's planet Krypton 'found' — with a little help

Hans Tucker
06-11-2012, 11:12 PM
"A prominent astrophysicist has pinned down a real location for Superman's fictional home planet of Krypton."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/49697073/ns/technology_and_science-space/

Baddad
07-11-2012, 09:05 AM
Hi Hans,

There will be people out there believing that Krypton actually existed.
I have seen and heard all kinds of nonsense of what people believe.

For example: I was in LA some years ago, doing a tourist bus tour through Hollywood area. Ref: Pretty Woman movie. The shop staff that refused to serve Julia Roberts. People complained to the management of that shop and gave them hell. "Why did you not serve Julia Roberts in her hour of shopping need?"

Its true. These people could not distinguish realism from movie fiction.
The owner of that shop paid thousands to change the front so that people no longer related it to the movie.

I now assume a similar issue will come to light about "Krypton".

"Wow, Superman is real! They found where Krypton used to be near that red sun." :)

Let's see what developes.

Cheers

Larryp
07-11-2012, 09:18 AM
Marty, its frightening what people will believe.

bojan
07-11-2012, 10:05 AM
Even more frightening is that there is a whole industry out there, feeding on those beliefs.
Sometimes I feel I am actually the stupid one, not them.. you know, not being a part of a pack..

Larryp
07-11-2012, 10:12 AM
Its quite sad. So many people are not interested in real knowledge any more. :(

Terry B
07-11-2012, 11:47 AM
Even in fiction it doesn't make sense.
Qoute from the article:
Superman was born on Krypton but was launched toward Earth as an infant by his father, Jor-El, just before the planet's destruction. After touching down in Kansas, Superman was raised as Clark Kent by a farmer and his wife.

So if the planet exploded as superman left how was it found?:D:D

Colin_Fraser
07-11-2012, 02:45 PM
A prominent astrophysicist... :lol:

goober
07-11-2012, 02:50 PM
It's Neil Tyson, isn't it, so he sort of is prominent.

Colin_Fraser
07-11-2012, 03:57 PM
It's the astrophysicist bit I find funny.