PDA

View Full Version here: : Regression or 2nd Childhood?

Shark Bait
06-11-2012, 09:22 PM
I have become my Son's pit crew when it comes to keeping one of the slot cars running. This time I have not bothered to attach the body to the chassis. The bonus is the CoG is kept lower and it can be run faster before flying off the track. I might be recapturing my youth. :D

I could not resist posting some photos.

acropolite
06-11-2012, 11:03 PM
I can relate to that, I just bought a second hand set off eBay, for the kids & grandkids when they visit of course.....

I still have a car from my younger days, with a (self) rewound armature that eats the standard cars for breakfast.....look out kids/ grandkids....:evil:

sheeny
07-11-2012, 06:34 AM
Slot cars! Great for the kids and grandkids... that was my excuse too...

Al.

Larryp
07-11-2012, 07:05 AM
Used to mess around with them in my late teens when every suburb had at least 2 tracks. Kept the cars and when my son was in his teens, he wanted to have a go. I took him to a track at Liverpool and I couldn't believe how fast they had become. My cars were good in their day, but the new ones just blew them into the weeds.

ZeroID
07-11-2012, 01:22 PM
All my money went on rewinds when I first started working many moons ago. Mabuchi Motors and foam slicks with reverse voltage battery braking on the controllers.
Almost bought a set last Xmas, they were cheap at local retailer after Xmas rush. Managed to resist.

Shark Bait
07-11-2012, 09:01 PM
He has two cars and one has had a lot more use than the other. It is getting close to needing replacement parts instead of repairs. The tyres are shot. It might be worth tweaking it to get more performance.

Yep. All for the kids. Best excuse around. :)

I was on the net looking for spare parts and there is a whole world of slot cars that go beyond Scalextric.

The money is probably better spent on astronomy gear. :thumbsup:

Stardrifter_WA
08-11-2012, 12:55 AM
Hey, growing old may be compulsory, however, growing up is optional......tag..you're it :D