PDA

View Full Version here: : Did I sleep through summer?

Stardrifter_WA
04-11-2012, 11:27 PM
Woke up this morning, cold, thunderstorms and heavy rain. I began to think I may have slept through summer. But alas, I looked down and saw that I hadn't faded away, as I still had a fat belly! :lol:

But at least I got to check my recently constructed observatory for leaks and there were none, yay! :) Now all I need is some clear skies.

Dhufish
05-11-2012, 12:50 AM
Nice one Peter,

We got hailed on driving home this morning with some very heavy rain.
That should test out the water tight seal.
Is the observatory to cut down Perth light or a permanent setup?
Or both?

Matt

Stardrifter_WA
05-11-2012, 01:03 AM
Hi Matt, no it is for a permanent setup mostly. My 16" is just too heavy and awkward to move around.

Cheers Peter

bartman
05-11-2012, 05:21 AM
Yes....... got rudely awoken by a massive thunderclap.......then 5 seconds later it poured down....
Glad to hear no water leaks.....or else it would have been a nice double up as a water tank with all the rain we had today :)
Cheers
Bartman

pgc hunter
05-11-2012, 10:42 AM
Cold and cloudy in Perffffffff? That is certainly a change from the usual endless sunshine and warmth there.

Here in Melbourne the temp stayed above 23C all night which is warmer than the vast majority of days April-November inclusive.
Somehow it managed to be clear last night but seeing mustve been rubbish as I swore Jupiter was twinkling just a bit when I hit the sack at 3am, yes I did smash 6 Heinekens in the preceeding hours, and yes it was 3am, but no kidding Jupiter was twinkling an itty bit.

Terry B
05-11-2012, 11:00 AM
Rain would be good. We've just had the cloud and no actual rain. The paddock is dead and the tanks are getting down.
The cloud is a pest and no rain makes it useless

brian nordstrom
05-11-2012, 09:14 PM
:mad2: Yep I hear you Peter , its been the best Dry season up here that has been had in living memory , just awsome , but now the wet is here !! , I got woken by a really powerful thunder clap yesterday morning about 5.30ish ,, :thanx: POWER !!! to be sure , then it monsooned , sun came out ,and by 9am the humidity hit 80+degrees , mozzies out in swarms ,,, yea ... ;).Gotta hate it !!
Glad the new observatory is leak proof Peter , good job mate.
Brian.