PDA

View Full Version here: : Notebook version of orion iOS software

Marcus
27-10-2012, 11:45 AM
I use Orion StarSeek Pro iPad and iPhone apps with my orion wi fi box, but my Macbook software (SkySafari Pro) wont talk to the telescope. The Skysfari apps also didnt work although they are otherwise the same it seems as StarSeek. Can anyone advise how to connect thr same way via the Mac? I have the telecope selected as Orion 5i/8i

GC - South Aus
31-10-2012, 11:10 AM
G'day Marcus

I am no expert with the wifi box as I did not end up getting one. I use a IMac, IPad or IPhone to talk to my NetBook pc which is attached to my mount to control with SkySafari.

But you might want to check to see what port number Orion Star Seek program uses (check under setup) and then check the port number in SkySafari and change this port number to the same one in your Star Seek program (if different). This is just a guess, but worth a look. I think the SkySafari one is 4030 from memory but nt sure.

Regards

Gav

GC - South Aus
31-10-2012, 11:13 AM
Hi Again

Don't know if this is any use to you but the information on how I use SkySafari is at this link

http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=97851

Regards

Gav

Marcus
03-11-2012, 05:20 PM
It works now. Having googled very extensively I think the issues was the refresh rate which was every 4 seconds, I changed it to one second.