PDA

View Full Version here: : How to install SBIG Sti???

Paul Haese
23-10-2012, 08:25 PM
I have windoze 7 installed on my net book which runs all my other cameras but for some reason the NEW STi I have will not install at all. It says it is trying to install a USBI Cam engine. Then it invariably fails.

I ahve the latest driver checker and drivers installed on the machine according to the driver checker which says it has build 7 for 4.74 for sbigudrv.dll. What the hell am I doing wrong? I had a very similar problem with installing the STL too. Why don't these people supply you with a driver for the camera instead of going through this business. Not good and quite frustrating.

Peter Ward
23-10-2012, 08:57 PM
RTFM? :)

There are several drivers & .dll's that auto-install....miss just one...and you won't be happy.

(1) Use the install disk first, download the latest drivers using the x64 version of the driver checker. Update them.

Then plug in the hardware.

If you didn't do that first-up, then delete the drivers and devices and start from (1)

Paul Haese
23-10-2012, 09:23 PM
I can't use the install disk because the net book does not have a disk drive. I am not using 64 bit so using 32 bit. so I went with the 32bit driver checker. So any other suggestions and yes I did read the flaming manual.

Larryp
23-10-2012, 09:41 PM
Can you get hold of an external CD/DVD drive to install from the disk?

Peter Ward
23-10-2012, 09:44 PM
That is a problem. Do you have an external CD-ROM drive that can be used for the install?

The 64 bit version runs on a 32 bit OS. It has more options, hence my recommendation.

Many people don't read the manual...plus I indicated via a smilely face...it was a joke...as I suspected you had....

To cut to the chase, unless you can run the OEM install disk, you are making it hard for OEM's to install their required drivers. (...there are literally 1000's of ST-i's in use...)

Just need to nail down what is different about your set-up.

Terry B
23-10-2012, 09:53 PM
Paul
Copy the entire disc to a flash drive and install it from the flash drive. You need to install the 64 bit drive checker despite the 32 bit OS. I had to do the same on my XP box.

gregbradley
23-10-2012, 09:55 PM
Install 64bit SBIG driver installer and use that. As I recall at some point there is a choice of which driver to install. Refer to the manual about which you chose.

If you use CCDsoft then you need the latest version otherwise STi is not shown as a listed camera.

Greg.

Starblazer99
26-10-2012, 10:20 AM
I had to disable driver signature enforcement on 64 bit win7 notebooks to get it to work

mithrandir
26-10-2012, 05:12 PM
Make an ISO from the CD and mount it with something like ISODisk or Virtual Clone Drive. I used to like Daemon Tools but getting recent versions to install without the crapware/spyware is getting to be too difficult.

brian nordstrom
26-10-2012, 07:22 PM
:mad2: Paul I had exactly the same problen trying to install the drivers for my new Atik CCD , I feel your frustration ...
In the end I dropped the whole lot down to the local computer shop , payed $85 and they sorted it out . ;). Something to do with Win7 32-64 bit , bla , bla , bla ....:shrug: .
I am like you , why cant they make these things simple ????
Brian.