PDA

View Full Version here: : My equipment for 2006 has been ordered.

Striker
06-05-2006, 10:45 AM
I ended up ordering a Hutech 350d with the UV/IR filter thanks to Bert & Terry for that info....reason being I want to get into dedicated CCD but just not yet...I am enjoying the DSLR's so I will look forward to the fully modified camera.

Also looking forward to the Meade 10" LX200R OTA....wont get that till end of May at the earliest.

Been tweeking my drift alignment whilst their is nothing else to do....The results have been great....using my Guide camera and the ED 80 I dont get any star trails unguided for over 5 minutes....and can only see small amounts at 10 minutes...pretty happy with that.

Centaurus is 5 minutes unguided and the lost galaxy (NGC4526) is 10 minutes unguided....you can see the star's starting trail with 10 minutes....please dont look at the quality of the pics..I know very little about CCD imaging and blooming....they have been imaged so I can test for tracking & drift errors.

Tony

h0ughy
06-05-2006, 10:56 AM
yes wouldn't mind me one of them there 350D hutech thingys!

NIce images too Tony!

Jonathan
06-05-2006, 03:02 PM
Nice pics Tony. I'll be interested to see what you think of the 10" LX200R compared to the C11.

Astroman
06-05-2006, 03:16 PM
I am a slow learner, thanks Tony for teaching me the art of selling and buying :)

Good luck with the new camera Tony, it seems like a step backwards but I think you willturn it into a leap forward.

Striker
06-05-2006, 04:10 PM
It's actualy a step forward Andrew but I do lose something from the 20DA....A better built camera in being magnezium body and the live focus which I will truly miss.

The canon 350D is more sensative with the full Hutech mod then the 20DA and with the same chip but a plastic body which will help keep the weight down...so I look at it a step forward but only marginal.

Astroman
06-05-2006, 05:57 PM
I do trnd to agree too Tony, well done.