PDA

View Full Version here: : Sending Photos to an new IPad

leon
07-10-2012, 03:29 PM
Hi Guys, just wondering if it is possible, and if so how dose one send photos from a lappy to a Apple Ipad. :shrug:

The Lappy is WindowsXP driven,so is this possible, we have tried with no success.

Could someone please suggest how I should go about this, thanks.

Leon :thumbsup:

bobson
07-10-2012, 03:38 PM
Hi Leon,

You need to install iTunes on your Win XP laptop.

Here is step by step instructions:

http://www.trickyways.com/2010/07/how-to-transfer-pictures-from-pc-to-ipad/

cheers

leon
07-10-2012, 04:25 PM
Fantastic Bob thank you indeed, job done, and that was pretty easy too.

Leon

rogerg
07-10-2012, 04:32 PM
A tip when doing this...

You probably don't want every photo in your "Pictures" folder synchronised to the iPad. I have an "iPad sync" folder which I copy photo's in to which I specifically want synchronised. In reality I don't usually copy them, I actually batch them to a smaller (2000 pix wide for example) size to the iPad sync folder.

You'll find that iTunes will create a "cache" folder which is a resized copy of the photo's it will sync ready for it to transfer to the iPad. You can ignore this, but it helps to know it exists as it can explain where some disk space goes.

leon
07-10-2012, 04:36 PM
Thanks Roger, now that we can load them on, how do we delete them if we want to, cant really see a delete button anywhere.

Leon

Octane
07-10-2012, 04:53 PM
You delete them from the sync folder and it'll clean it up from your iPad photo library.

H

leon
07-10-2012, 04:56 PM
Thanks H, i did think that but needed to check anyway.

Leon

acropolite
07-10-2012, 06:27 PM
Leon, if the images are transferred to the ipad via the Apple camera connection kit, or I assume taken with the iPad, they can be deleted on the ipad, independant of itunes. similarly if images have been downloaded, they can also be deleted on the iPad. If you press the arrow at the top right you'll be presented with options which include a selective delete which will work on all images except those transferred in using ITunes.

If you haven't already got one the camera connection kit is a must, simply connect the usb from your DSLR to the ipad and the ipad will invite you to transfer the images, with or without deleting from the camera. The camera adapter also works a treat for sharing images between idevices. Saves stuffing around with iTunes.
http://store.apple.com/au/product/MC531ZM/A/apple-ipad-camera-connection-kit

leon
07-10-2012, 07:23 PM
Nice one Phil, I will get one of those tomorrow.

Thank You.

Leon

acropolite
07-10-2012, 07:27 PM
Leon, make sure you get the genuine Apple kit, the clones i've seen don't work in many cases.

leon
08-10-2012, 03:06 PM
Will do mate, thanks.

Leon