PDA

View Full Version here: : Apollo 13 heads up Sunday 30th

supernova1965
30-09-2012, 11:42 AM
Apollo 13 on 7 mate I can watch this over and over again:thumbsup:

MrB
30-09-2012, 11:44 AM
Haha, saw this advertised earlier this week, right after I watched it on BluRay that I had bought the same day :lol:
Great movie, love it.

fauxpas
30-09-2012, 03:40 PM
Love this movie... Love the audio commentaries as well...

It gets a little long in the tooth at the same point the batteries run low on the tape player and the music is really slow... I always find that kind of funny...

And the line "... a computer that can fit into a single room and hold millions of pieces of information" :)

Varangian
01-10-2012, 09:39 AM
Watched it again, great movie, still gripping. Pity about the cyclical 10 minute feature time followed by 5 minutes of ads. One of the main reasons I no longer watch commercial channels. It's just getting worse and worse, I'm not sure how they expect audiences to sit through so many ads? Are we so decensitised that we just sit and watch them?

supernova1965
01-10-2012, 10:04 AM
That is why I record everything so I can zoom through the adds at 128 times the speed.

astroron
01-10-2012, 10:08 AM
This is the last movie I have seen at a cinema.:rolleyes:
I think it was something like 1998:question:
Enjoyed it so have it on DVD:D
Cheers:thumbsup:

brian nordstrom
01-10-2012, 10:32 AM
:mad2: Yea I lasted about 30 miniutes of this , I turned it off and went to bed and read my book , ruined a great movie :shrug: ( I have it on DVD as well ) .
These people have no idea ? , do they realise most people dont even bother nowdays ?
Brian.

pgc hunter
01-10-2012, 12:53 PM
Totally agree. That's why I never watch movies on network channels. Sick of the 4-5 minute long ads popping up every bloody 5 minutes :mad2: Apollo 13 is 2 hr 20mins long, but with all the ads it dragged out over 3 hours, so that's 45 minutes of freaking ads in an otherwise 140 minute long movie :mad2: I either buy movies I like on DVD or wait for them to appear on foxtel.

Another very infuriating thing that's common on all channels, including foxtel, is when there is a few minutes left of airtime for a TV show, and yet they squeeze in another block of ads, you sit through it, only to cut to the credits afterwards. :mad2::mad2::mad2:

brian nordstrom
01-10-2012, 01:05 PM
:mad2: Oh yea!!! and what about the VOLUME???? is it just me or are the freaking ad's louder ? :shrug: .
Brian.

MrB
01-10-2012, 01:55 PM
The ads seem louder because they are level compressed and the average audio level is higher than in a movie. Movie's have a high dynamic range, that is, from the low level stuff like normal dialogue, to high level stuff like explosions and Jets, helicopters, rockets launching etc. but the average level is quite low compared to an advert.
TV stations try to compress/limit movie audio to match other source material, but too much compression/limiting makes it sound flat, so they have to compromise.
So.... you bump the volume up in a movie so you can hear people talking at a nice level and there's the occasional explosion or something that is a bit loud, but short in duration.
Then an advert comes along and it is somewhere between the low/high levels of the movie, louder than the movie's dialogue you set the volume to, but less than the explosions etc.

brian nordstrom
01-10-2012, 03:02 PM
:shrug: A fine bit of justification there MrB all fine and good , but if they have the technology to allow these changes ,,, then why??? dont they just turn them DOWN !!! ;) . you know a plain old every day volume control ? .
Not a 'dynamic polaron filter' , with a 'tyrpsacordian ejectamentor' in serious leather from " Star Trek ? " come on man .
Its a pain , they treat us common folk like fools .:mad2:.
Brian.

MrB
01-10-2012, 05:46 PM
Because you have a volume control in your hand?
Simple really.

brian nordstrom
02-10-2012, 09:01 PM
:shrug: Are they gonna give me a lifetimes supply of AAA batteries , because the amount of ad's they shove down our throats is insulting , see what I mean ? :hi: , I need more AAA's , its a catch 22 ( the remote is always out of batteries , and the ad's are getting worse ! ) ,
OOPs I had better be quiet here or the energiser bunny ad's will start taking over :confused2: bugger that , in serious leather , serious chains .:rofl: .
Brian.

MrB
02-10-2012, 09:16 PM
Not at all :confused:

brian nordstrom
02-10-2012, 09:23 PM
:lol: send more batteries :thumbsup: and you might open your eyes to this annoyance , and reason why people are turning away fron commercial TV in droves Mr B , you dont work for an advertising agency by any chance :shrug: , ? you seem to be carrying the flag well for them ... :hi: .
But to be honest they are way over board in the amount and targeting that goes on here it is way overboard .
People are wiseing up and tuning out . :help:.
Brian.

MrB
02-10-2012, 09:28 PM
Nope

??????????
This is hurting my brain, I give up.

brian nordstrom
03-10-2012, 08:57 PM
:P night Brother ,,
Brian.

Zhou
03-10-2012, 10:02 PM
Yeah it is crazy! Commercial TV seriously blows with all the advertising and self promotions. It is amazing that anybody still watches it in this day and age.

I still haven't gotten round to watching Apollo 13, I will check it out one day :thumbsup: