PDA

View Full Version here: : Printing DVD's in Taiwian.

hotspur
21-09-2012, 05:40 PM
Just wondering where members here that author DVD's get their printing done,I heard of a place in Taiwian,that will do 500 or so copies for 3-4$ each,includes packing.So looking into all avenues at present,if anyone has any suggestions.

My son is making it all,he works in editing for sbs,so doing a high standard job,he is doing a U.S version (our main target) and world version.(I have to speak in pounds and inches for the U.S (do they have any concept yet of kilograms over there:shrug:

Also,the main difference-well really the only difference,is the title-there looks like going to be a U.S title and a title for the rest of the planet.

troypiggo
21-09-2012, 10:11 PM
I have no idea what you just said, but look forward to seeing if someone else can interpret.

MattT
21-09-2012, 11:35 PM
As I see it:
Has any one written a DVD?
Does anyone use the Taiwanese DVD printing works?
The DVD is going World wide but the Yanks are not metric...I do get a bit lost on this bit...anyone?
As the Americans can't spell using the Queens English the title will have to have a few substituted words in it.
Hope this makes it a bit clearer, sort of like the weather in Melbourne. :D

Colin_Fraser
22-09-2012, 02:29 PM
Have you received quotes from Australian companies?
Reason I asked is that when I got some CD's pressed I used a Melbourne company.
I got the CD's, 4 page booklet, rear inlay and each was individually shrink wrapped and I provided my own artwork and master CD. Cost $2 each.
Minimum order was 1000. Of that, only 5 CD's failed.

hotspur
22-09-2012, 08:54 PM
Thanks for your help-(IIS used to be once a more friendly place-no wonder so many people have left this forum going by some of the replies:shrug:doubtless just another example of its a forum for some but not others)

troypiggo
23-09-2012, 06:11 AM
IIS is a friendly place, and it's members are very helpful. But they need to understand what you're asking first. I found your post #1 extremely hard to read and understand. That's all. It read like a bunch of random thoughts and phrases to me.

I must admit that my first thought (if I interpreted that part of it correctly) was that if your son works at SBS, wouldn't they have a pretty massive list of contacts for DVD printing?

Or as Colin has offered above, 1000 at $2 each is the same as 500 at $4, but it's local and no language barrier and risk for a mistake due to miscommunication. At least at their end, that is.

Barrykgerdes
23-09-2012, 09:03 AM
I had no trouble in interpreting your need. I only wonder why you have not tried an Australian manufacturer. One has already been suggested at a comparable price.

"Translation" of the information and cover design into "American" is probably best done by you rather than a third party that may need to translate into another language first.

Many of the magazines in the news agencies have enclosed DVD's. Have a look at these for a manufacturer. I am sure they have sourced the cheapest options for "give aways"

Barry