PDA

View Full Version here: : 'Busted' with 50 KG of the 'Heavy stuff'

hotspur
16-09-2012, 06:52 PM
What a bizzare experience I had this afternoon!,I planned to meet a fellow market stall holder that lives at Ipswich,and has a stall at Frenvale-we planned to met at Toogoolawah,so we could exchange goods for each of our regular market stalls.

We arrived at a park in Toogoolawah,and he wanted some sinkers,and I some LED lenser torches,we quickly concluded the exchange 30 KG of my lead sinkers at $8 a KG,was a good sale,the other fellow offered 6 led lenser P7's and the balance in cash,so we both agreed,and sat and chatted and the loaded his ute with plastic bags all tapped up so sinkers would not fall everywhere,at this very moment the plod drives past-rubber neck like I've never seen!

Pulled over,lights flashing!,hops out like a bearded dragon all puffed up -(and intellectual calibre too match),goes through all my parcels,and the crawels under my ute-no chit chat or how you going-very rude,so I pulled him up,and told him I was not impressed,and asked what the issue was-again no comment-hops in cop car and disappears.

He must have thought it was a road side drug deal,yeah-real 'heavy stuff'!:shrug:

AstralTraveller
16-09-2012, 07:20 PM
You must look like a pretty disreputable pair. :poke: Probably also hang about in remote dark sites doing who-knows-what. :P

hotspur
16-09-2012, 07:38 PM
Ha-Ha he-he:D,yes David-something must have caught the plods eye,although I do not think it was what we looked liked,but the bags of sinkers were all tapped up with masking tape,and all those parcels going from one ute to another may have looked like drugs.

The cop cut every bag open,and sinkers went everywhere-he offered no apology,I was not very happy,hope the sods knife is blunt as blazes,and it fails him in a real situation.No wonder the public thinks dimly of the police at times.

Brundah1
16-09-2012, 07:45 PM
Chris,
Probably a local tip-off from a stickybeak!:sadeyes:

Or you may have parked where the grass dealer hangs out.

I presume you got no sorry mate & have a nice day from the plod :mad2:

Hope you have a good day at the next markets :)
DG

hotspur
16-09-2012, 07:54 PM
Yeah,now I think of it,a few 'rubber necks' gorked at us,we really just had a good ole chat and laugh,and did a simple trade from ute to ute,I'd never thought any think could be read in to it.Bit of a shame society has come to look down at two men talking at a public park.

I do have respect for police,and polite to them,but this fellow only had to ask,or look at body language,but from what I felt-was just keen on riding rough shot.

I am sure many astronomers here have had similar experience with plod eye them over at a road side location,at least I'll have a similar story at a astro camp chit now:)

brian nordstrom
17-09-2012, 09:30 AM
:sadeyes: Ha ha , I had an experience like this many years ago .
A friend had a motorcycle accident and was paralylised from the waist down , sad :(.
Anyway if we could get his weight and an electric wheelchair together in alluminium a charity would pay 1/2 of the total cost .
So away we went , cans , scrap alloy and even the alluminium foil from ciggerette packets , thats where Plod came into this .
We had 1000's of these alloy foils folded neatly inside empty smoke packets in the car along with all the other scrap on our way to the charity , well Plod thought he had caught Mr Asia or something , ripped every one out inspected them , made a mess and even took some for analysis ??? they would not listen to our explanation as to what thse were as well ..:mad2:. sad affairs .
Never heard anything back from the chemical analysis ...:shrug:.Either .
Brian.

GrahamL
17-09-2012, 05:25 PM
I'm deeply concerned for you Chris !!!, maybe this should be the wake up call for you to turn your life around:rofl:

Grimmeister
17-09-2012, 06:26 PM
You always struck me as the dodgy type, lol just as well I didn't come out to your pace for the new moon ;)

jjjnettie
17-09-2012, 06:31 PM
LOLOL
You must have been a grave disappointment to him.

I've had 2 similar experiences. One funny, one not so funny.
I was down at the pony club grounds, feeding my horse ( I was 18 at the time) I was sitting in the car watching him eat, keeping an eye on him so that other horses wouldn't bully him away and eat his tucker. I'd finished eating a Kit Kat, and the silver paper was on my dash board. Next thing you know the police pull up and ask me what I'm doing there. (It must have been a new copper in town as I knew most of the regulars) He spies the kit kat wrapper and quickly grabs it and puts it into a plastic bag, takes my name, car rego, license number etc, and away he goes. I never saw him again. LOL All he had to do was smell it, for all it's chocolatey goodness to know it wasn't anything contraband. LOLOL

The next incident, it was about 8pm, and dark, I'd pulled over on Kingsford Smith Drive, at Hamilton, to rummage through my tape collection to find something to listen to on the rest of the drive home.
Next thing you know, a car pulls up behind me, and a lady in a long evening gown, and a gent in a suit are on either side of the car, with pistols drawn and pointing at me. I wound down the window, almost evacuating my bowels as I did so. They asked what I was doing, (looking for some music, here, look, see) who lives in the house I am parked in front of ( I don't know, who are you?? ) Step out of the car ( who are you? what do you want? ) Open your boot (sure thing, who are you what are you looking for??) I open the boot, thinking oh shyte, I have a bucket of chaff in there, theyre going to think it's grass or something. I'm going to spend the night in jail before they find out its not what they think it is.
I kept asking them who they were and what did they want. Finally they explained they were undercover cops and that my car, my black top, my dark hair and glasses was exactly the same description given as the man who had just knocked over the TAB at Albion.
What an experience that was. They apologised profusely afterwards. And I can see why they were so nervous and careful to keep a gun on me the whole time. The person they were looking for was considered armed and very dangerous.
I don't envy them their job at all.

leon
17-09-2012, 08:20 PM
Wow JJJ, I bet you nearly ..... yourself, what an experience.

Leon

hotspur
17-09-2012, 08:57 PM
Struth jjj,that's a bit much,pistols!

Not a nice feeling,can understand-and considering that episode,they were likely quite scared too,and at least gave a good apology.

Bit of a worry (jokingly) that astronomers here have had a plod eye cast over them and their first thought is we are hoods :rofl:

AstralTraveller
17-09-2012, 09:24 PM
Try doing grazing occultations. Groups of cars meeting in the middle of the night on quiet semi-rural roads around Wollongong and Sydney. Mysterious beeping noises. Strange instruments - military??? The plods turned up a few times but the scariest thing they wielded was a torch (hey - in the middle of the graze). The shotty was wielded by a worried local when someone (not me) had the 'intelligence' to set up 20m from his front yard. It turned out I was at school with his daughter. She still invited me to her birthday party.