PDA

View Full Version here: : iPhone 5 was "all in your head"

bobson
14-09-2012, 07:46 PM
US talk show pokes fun at iPhone 5

A US talk show host has poked fun at hype around Apple's new iPhone 5 by tricking people on the street to show that they cannot tell it apart from the old version.
The Jimmey Kimmel Live prank, which aired on US TV network ABC on September 13, involved people being shown Apple's old iPhone 4S and being told they were looking at the new iPhone 5.
They were then asked how they thought the "new phone" compared to the last one.
Are you excited by the new iPhone 5? Have your say below.
Amusingly, none of the participants could tell they were looking at an old iPhone, even when they compared it against their own personal iPhone 4S.
"It's nice, that's definitely noticeably better," said one man, while examining the phone.
Another man said it was "a little thinner and looks like the screen is a little bigger".
One woman compared the phone to her own iPhone 4S but still could not spot that it was the same version, instead saying it was "definitely faster".
Another man also compared it to his own older model, saying "it feels a lot lighter and just a lot higher quality".
Kimmel joked that the clip proved the hype around the iPhone 5 was "all in your head".

See the video here:

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/technology/8533085/us-talk-show-pokes-fun-at-iphone-5

tlgerdes
14-09-2012, 07:59 PM
:rofl::rofl:

I won't say more or Omaroo will crucify me :P

Octane
14-09-2012, 08:01 PM
Who created the hype? Not Apple.

H

MrB
14-09-2012, 08:08 PM
It's pretty funny, but it doesn't mean much.
It's no different than the Chaser team going to America to ask people in the street to point on a map where certain countries are, they only show the stupid ones. They aren't about to show you all the people that could tell it was a 4S, because that isn't funny.
I would hazard a guess you could have done the same thing with many other brand phones too. A lot of the Motorola Razr's looked identical to me. Same with the Samsung range, tho the new Galaxy SIII is an obvious exception because it is so freeking ridiculously huge.

tlgerdes
14-09-2012, 08:17 PM
So Apple didn't invite hundreds of journalists to their iPhone 5 launch event, and expect them to go back of their offices and write or say nothing? :question:

Octane
15-09-2012, 01:31 AM
Journalists are invited to a multitude of product launches. It's not just exclusive to Apple.

Again, the hype surrounding its release was not initiated by Apple.

H

Omaroo
15-09-2012, 02:05 AM
Really couldn't give a rats Trevor. :)

bartman
15-09-2012, 04:09 AM
Apple did not initiate the Hype , but their marketing department would have banked on the hype that would be created (by the secretiveness of any specs and the odd "accidental" leak of a pic here and there......)
It's just human nature to grab at those little tid bits and make a mountain out of a mole hill....
:P
Bartman

xstream
15-09-2012, 08:44 AM
Who really cares!

You'll either buy one or you won't. :rolleyes:

Barrykgerdes
15-09-2012, 08:57 AM
Lovely toy to help the users to ignore what's going on around them.

However I don't think I'll get one. I have no use for it. I have a mobile phone that costs me $5 per month and never use it. Handy in an emergency but I haven't had one for a long time.

As for mobile communication I have had that since before most of you were born with my ham gear.

Barry

lacad01
15-09-2012, 09:06 AM
As per normal with these new models, I'll just wait till the plan on my existing model is up for renewal and take up the new one in about 6 months or so...as for the original post, I guess some people will get fooled into many things, part of human nature...

Colin_Fraser
15-09-2012, 10:24 AM
Yeah but these people who were interviewed cannot even locate USA on a map :screwy: