PDA

View Full Version here: : New GSO RC10

E_ri_k
13-09-2012, 09:24 PM
Hey guys, just received my RC10 today! Looks really great, cant wait to test it out, but of coarse the fine weather has changed.....

It came with no paperwork, and 3 black extension tubes, which look as they thread on the back of the scope between the body and the focuser. Are they required for a standard setup? I have just threaded my Moonlight on the back of it.

Erik.

RickS
13-09-2012, 09:33 PM
The RC10 focuses a long way back, which is great if you need a long imaging train. If your imaging train isn't miles long, like mine, you may need the extra spacers to help reach focus.

Cheers,
Rick.

E_ri_k
13-09-2012, 09:39 PM
Thanks Rick, I guess I'll just hook it all up then and see how I go. Mine isn't really ,long either. Just need to fit in my OAG between.

Do you know of any good site explaining collimation?

Erik.

RickS
13-09-2012, 10:00 PM
Erik,

I use a Tak Collimating Scope for collimating mine. I have some PDF instructions I printed from a site that seems to have gone missing. If you're interested PM me your email and I'll send you a copy.

I have seen sites that talk about many other methods (Liveview, Metaguide, Hall of Mirrors, etc.) Dunno which of them are any good...

Cheers,
Rick.

E_ri_k
13-09-2012, 10:09 PM
Thanks for the help. I'll yell out if I get stuck.
Erik.