PDA

View Full Version here: : Bob's Knobs

Varangian
11-09-2012, 12:57 PM
Hi all, I've been waiting on my Bob's knobs for a bit over a week. Does anyone know if he ships them within Australia (i.e. Australian supplier) or if you order straight from the website do they come in from the U.S? Many thanks.

rustigsmed
11-09-2012, 01:05 PM
G'day John,

If you have ordered online from Bob's knobs then they will be coming from the States. I think from memory mine took about 2 weeks.

Cheers

Russ

Varangian
11-09-2012, 01:44 PM
Okay so still in transit. Thanks.

troypiggo
12-09-2012, 06:19 AM
If you're ordering from the US and the sender is using USPS (mail to a postal address), it can take aaaaaaages. They're hopelessly slow. If you have the option, I always go for UPS (couriers delivering to your door). Might cost a tad more, but it gets there is just a few days, week max.

Waxing_Gibbous
12-09-2012, 08:52 PM
Mine also took about 2 weeks.
Wouldn't panic.

Irish stargazer
17-09-2012, 07:33 PM
Got mine from Bintel. Next day delivery

OICURMT
17-09-2012, 10:25 PM
It's not the USPS, it's the receiving country that is the hold-up. Generally speaking, mail leaves the US borders within 4 business days for 1st class mail. Destination countries then inspect, poke, prod and ponder whether to open it or not. I've had several packages opened and inspected over the past years.

If you want to have it "fast", always choose "Global Expressed Guaranteed". The USPS transfers the package to FedEx for delivery in the destination country.

I get my US mail forwarded as a single package once a month for almost 8 years using the "Express Mail International Flat Rate" and it gets here consistently in 6-8 calendar days.

OIC!

BTW: Bob's Knobs are great... makes collimation so easy.

troypiggo
18-09-2012, 06:36 AM
Well my experience has been different when following the tracking using the USPS website. You may be right, but the parcel locations on the tracking site have always led me to believe the slowest part of the trip is in the US, and very quick once it's left it's borders.

Ausrock
18-09-2012, 06:57 AM
I was thinking the exact same thing, also USPS parcels are usually delivered by Aust Post parcel contractors not Fedex.

Barrykgerdes
18-09-2012, 07:09 AM
I got mine from Bintel. Off the shelf. No waiting. I think they still carry them.

Barry

The_bluester
18-09-2012, 01:40 PM
Depends on what you need. Bintel did not have mine so I ordered direct, it was a bit under two weeks for me. I have no idea who he sent them by, I have ordered some car parts from the states, one lot went USPS and took two weeks with no tracking information between initial pickup and final delivery, another by ups which was three days with great tracking info. Only hassle was that the bits went from Texas, back to near the us east coast and then over the top to Hawaii to get here, they took longer crossing the us and back than the rest of the trip.