PDA

View Full Version here: : Any feedback on TPG?

Shamrocker
10-09-2012, 11:09 AM
Hi guys,

Just moved house and am setting up my new internet and phone.

Am looking at TPG 100G ADSL2 and Phone package ~ $60 a month. Anyone have any advice/feedback on TPG?

Also was going to recycle my old optus modem (about 5 years old) is there any problem doing this?

Thanks

Aidan

Omaroo
10-09-2012, 12:08 PM
I've been on TPG ADSL for ages at home, and recently upgraded to ADSL2+ with them when it became available in my area. Apart from the occasional outage (a few minutes per year - tops) I've them to be utterly reliable. If you need support, they are well represented on Whirlpool and answer queries there in decent time. I'm overall happy with their service.

madwayne
10-09-2012, 12:27 PM
I cannot recomend TPG highly enough. I have been with them for a number of years and like Chris you get the occaisonal burp but it is usually fixed immediately. I will say that I have my home phone through Telstra so I cannot comment on their phone and internet bundles.

As an ISP first rate in my opinion and I am nothing more than an extremely satisfied customer.

Wayne

Shamrocker
10-09-2012, 01:33 PM
Have done some research and turns out they cant give me ADSL2 where I now live and can only give me ADSL if I have a Telstra phone line.

Sounds like I only have the illusion of choice in this!!!!

Will need to do some more research on what my neighbours have done...

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Aidan

Octane
10-09-2012, 02:05 PM
I have been with them for 5 years now (OptusNet cable at my folks place in Sydney since 2000).

Where I was in Chifley, I was in an old building (PGS/RIM) and could only get ADSL. I've now moved to Queanbeyan West and am just waiting on a Naked ADSL2+ connection to be established.

Their service has been first rate.

H

kustard
10-09-2012, 05:04 PM
I've been with TPG for a good number of years now and like the others have posted I've had good service with minimal outages.

Cheers,
Simon

DJDD
10-09-2012, 05:12 PM
been with TPG for a while now and pretty happy.

also use them at work in all of our sites (BNE included) for the non-business critical browsing as they are cheap and reliable. we are pretty happy with TPG.

DJDD
10-09-2012, 05:13 PM
can you get onto the NBN where you are?

Shamrocker
10-09-2012, 05:24 PM
I have moved to Murarrie. There is no NBN planned there currently.

It looks like the cheapest way to go is pay Telstra $30 for a phone connection and then contract TPG for Broadband. I have spoken to people with IINET in the area but to me it looks prohibitively expensive due to it being off their network.

Nico13
10-09-2012, 06:06 PM
I had been with them for a long time with very good service, :thumbsup:
The only issue I had was when I wanted more download capacity eg 50 gig I think it was at a higher speed, (upgrade from 512 and 25 gig) only the first 10 gig was at the peak speed the other 40 was at less than dial up speed so unfortunately had to swap to good old telstra as their package was peak speed for the whole 50 gig at the same price.

Wound up going for a complete bundle, home phone mobiles and internet. on the one bill. A bit harder to follow but the package was ok as far as telco packages go :question:.

Shamrocker
20-09-2012, 05:05 PM
Thanks Guys for all the useful feedback!

Looks like I have been forced down the IINET route due to local infrastructure. I will tell y'all how it goes when I am finally connected!

Cheers

Aidan

tlgerdes
20-09-2012, 08:22 PM
I have been with iiNet for 2 years, love their service and support.:thumbsup:

astronut
20-09-2012, 11:26 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thum bsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup::D

Tandum
20-09-2012, 11:35 PM
Aiden, I'm at carindale and only Telstra could offer me ADSL2+. I fell into the fly trap and found it's the same speed (downlink) as off the net ADSL1 with TPG which I had before. Reason being, everything is congested due to crap infrastructure and therefore speed limited by the landlords (Telstra). Tophat rims are being provisioned so the congestion may be relieved but I doubt they will remove the speed limits till NBN shows up in 3 years +.