PDA

View Full Version here: : Image attachments in IceTrade

Alderney
09-09-2012, 06:43 PM
Hi guys.
Due to a very bad back which isn't going to get any better,but a lot worse if I am not careful. I am going to sell all my astro gear. I have about a dozen pics which are between 1 & 2 MB, can I just attach them as they are or do I have to shrink them a bit first and if so how.

Dave.

PCH
09-09-2012, 07:08 PM
Hi Dave,

you'll have to get them down to 200k or less for them to upload. A free prog called irfanview will do that for you if you're stuck. All the best :thumbsup:

PCH
09-09-2012, 07:10 PM
If you're not sure how to use irfanview, just select the 'image' drop down menu from the top row, and then about halfway down you'll see 'resize image' as one of the options. Don't forget to 'save as' !

Hope this helps.

Alderney
09-09-2012, 07:20 PM
Thanks Paul. I will giv it a go.
Dave.

mithrandir
09-09-2012, 08:07 PM
What might be simpler is the IrfanView "Save for web" plugin where you can specify the size you want and it will work out the compression required to get that.

Alderney
09-09-2012, 09:25 PM
Thanks Andrew.
I think I have it now. I have got them down to between 60 & 100 KB. Going to IceTrade now.
Dave.

brian nordstrom
10-09-2012, 06:30 PM
:) Windows 7 has a thing that is easy to use to make photos smaller , open the photo in windows media ,

Open the photo's in the folder you want to send .

Open them ,and in the top left hand you will see " Open , Edit ,Share " tab . open this .

Sometimes a window will pop up telling you " some photos and videos cant be displayed " just klick " " Cancel" and this window will go away .

Then click on the photo you want to make smaller .It will open up .

About 6 tabs from the left hand side at the top ( Rate , Flag and the bottom one of these ) is a " Properties " tab . click this . and 3 drop downs will appear , click " Resize " .

In this window is a ' Maximum size ' tab , type in 600 . then resize and save .

click out of all this and back in the origonal photos folder will be 2 photos of the one you wanted to send here to IIS .

Both with the same # but " 600x400 " is the one to send ( this photo has been copied smaller )

,This photo is about 150k in size , perfect for here at IIS.

I know it sounds hard , but it is easy once you learn how , it cant be that hard :confused2: I tought my self how to do this .
Its a good tool .and free . :thumbsup: .
Brian.