PDA

View Full Version here: : Cgem dx 1100 hd

Rod771
06-09-2012, 10:19 PM
Hi all

I received my "Third" telescope today, (definitely my first serious scope, I would say) Couldn't wait to get it home and start to open boxes etc.

I got my first scope when I was 8 years old, the Tasco 40mm refractor, I was so excited just to see the moon:P. In 1988 I received my Tasco 11T-R Newt for Christmas. Again I just looked at the moon as I never polar aligned it at all all those years ago.

Earlier this year I got it back out of the box, did my research, got it roughly aligned and started looking. I saw the rings of saturn:eyepop: wow! Even with the crappy one inch eyepieces, the telescope shop man said were good fishing sinkers, I was so excited with what I was seeing.

With my love of astronomy rekindled, and again, after six months of study and research, I ordered my new scope. (Watch the clouds roll in!!!)

Camera is next on the list.....I may have to cancel Christmas:question:

h0ughy
06-09-2012, 10:29 PM
excellent history trip. nice scope - i think you will be very very happy

Astro_Bot
07-09-2012, 04:32 PM
Lucky you! Looks very nice. :thumbsup:

Another person with brand new CGEM DX and EdgeHD 1100. Is there a sale on or something?

Rod771
07-09-2012, 07:58 PM
Thanks David and Humanoid,

Celestron had a "10% off all imaging equipment sale" on for the last two months. I was originally going to get the CGEM 800 HD but I was sucked in by the promotion :P

brian nordstrom
27-10-2012, 01:40 AM
:lol: yea Rod that is exactly the same scope , right down to the EQ2 mount , which was sadly trashed in this one :shrug:.
Maybe one weekend during this wet season comming up I will totaly strip it and have a go at making it usable .:question:.
Good li'l mounts , but a bit small for the 4 1/2inch by 900mm Tasco 11T's . Shame a great scope otherwise .
Brian.