PDA

View Full Version here: : And a Maxim Dl stacking /calibration question

graham.hobart
01-09-2012, 12:09 PM
I took some LRGB Ha frames last night and some of them were not labelled correctly by me - i.e some of the lights were labelled darks by mistake. I know which frames they are but I have tried to use the auto and manual schemes in Maxim to calibrate with poor results.
I am confused about which way round to do this as this is only the second go at LRGB for me.
Do I stack all the darks then all the flats or do I combine the colour calibration frames i.e dark red flat red etc
Where do I insert my lights? Do I stack these first or calibrate each frame then stack the calibrated ones.
Please give me some basic advice as overreliance on DSS has left me confounded!
Cheers
Graham :screwy:

graham.hobart
01-09-2012, 07:27 PM
Just the facts, Jack !

Clancy Lane
01-09-2012, 11:25 PM
Graham,

There are heaps of video tutorials for Maxim DL on Youtube and also the Maxim web site.

I found it much better to use the Maxim autosave sequence when imaging...it really sorts out the LRGB, darks and flats for you and makes calibrating much simpler.

There is also a help available on the Maxim web site that gives an explanation of the commands used.

When I ordered Maxim, they sent me a printed tutorial that also helped me get started but I found the video tutorials the most helpful.

Hope this is a bit of help to you.

Phil