PDA

View Full Version here: : Del Piero A-League coup!

cybereye
01-09-2012, 05:49 AM
Hello everyone!

Now despite the heritage evident in my name I must admit that I've not been a big follower of the A-League here in Australia. As a kid my father used to take me to watch Apia-Leichardt at Lambert Park in Sydney but other than that Rugby League was always the main game to watch.

However as a Juventus supporter my interest in the A-League has increased on the back of the news that Sydney FC has signed one of the greatest Italian soccer players of all time in Alessandro Del Piero. Pele rated him in his top 125 players and it really is a coup to have him playing in Australia.

I look forward to taking my children to see him play when Sydney FC plays the Roar here in Brisbane - Go the Sky Blues!!! :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Mario

Ric
01-09-2012, 09:20 AM
Definately a coup Mario, I look forward to seeing him play as well.

The knowledge he will impart to our younger players will be an added bonus as well.

Gem
01-09-2012, 08:16 PM
Don't think it is confirmed yet... but I hope it is soon. Pity Vieri didn't come back for a swansong. :)

blink138
01-09-2012, 10:32 PM
hes a very sharp lad on the pitch..... i hope he lights the league up as every other "marquis" player has failed miserably even my hero "god" robbie fowler didnt do much
pat

Gem
03-09-2012, 07:45 PM
Dwight Yorke was fine for a marquee. Bit of glamour on and off the pitch... need to have marquee players who look like they want to be here. Not people here for a pay cheque.

blink138
03-09-2012, 09:59 PM
very good point grant..... i think dwight did give it his all... perhaps the only one so far!
pat

Gem
05-09-2012, 05:51 PM
Looking promising now... still waiting for the official press conference though...
Flores is another good marquee. Sure he ain't a well known name. But on and off the pitch he has been really good for the game: first in Adelaide and now in Melbourne.

JB80
05-09-2012, 07:03 PM
Ha ha, Liverpool have weighed in on him too. Which is funny already as they are in a shambles.
I think they might try to spoil the party but it's too late.

cybereye
06-09-2012, 05:32 AM
It's official!!

Here's an article from this morning's Sydney Morning Herald (http://www.smh.com.au/sport/a-league/ciao-4m-del-piero-signs-for-two-years-20120905-25exy.html)

:thumbsup:

Gem
08-09-2012, 09:55 PM
So, my hope is that he loves the change of lifestyle, falls in love with Oz, and then takes up coaching here. :)