PDA

View Full Version here: : Melbourne weather :(

04Stefan07
23-08-2012, 06:58 PM
Anyone here suffering Melbourne's shocking weather? I upgraded my astrophotography equipment to a DSLR and have been wanting to use it but the good old clouds and rain show themselves! :(

There hasn't been clear skies at all for weeks (only a few days here and there).

Anyone else here from Melbourne not being able to get out?

During the time I have been looking up tutorials on DSLR astrophotography, watching shows/movies and studying.

scagman
23-08-2012, 07:25 PM
hi Stefan,

Yep I know how you feel. Its not looking good for at least the next week.

Chris.B
23-08-2012, 08:19 PM
Yep. It has been shocking for weeks. The only few clearish nights I have had to go out. Have not been game to set the mount up for fear of it getting rained on or blown over.

DavidU
23-08-2012, 08:19 PM
I'm slowly watching my unused equipment become vintage equipment.
So much cloud & rain.

Waxing_Gibbous
23-08-2012, 10:06 PM
This was not adverised in the immigration brochure.
I was lured here under the false pretences of clear blue skies and warm winters.
Truth in advertising - Bah!

RB
23-08-2012, 10:35 PM
There's a guy in here with the user name pgc hunter.
He sometimes gives an opinion or two on Melbourne weather.

eg: Permanent Nuclear Winter (http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=92498)

:lol:

Andrew

Nico13
24-08-2012, 12:04 AM
I think I,ve been waiting for months for some decent weather, it feels like I haven't seen decent skys since Feb :mad2: made a lot of improvements to the gear and can't get to test it.

Had a clear night a week back but the humidity was at 100% all night couldn't get past the big halo's around the stars from that much moisture in the atmosphere. :sadeyes:

Oh well good things come to those who wait they say :question: still waiting :lol:

pgc hunter
24-08-2012, 02:11 AM
:D:D:D:D:D

Had the first thunderstorm of the season this afternoon. Was watching TV and was hearing some very deep rumbles, even though it was sunny :shrug: so I dismissed it as a truck or my neighbour bringing his wheelie bins in.

took the dog for a walk afterwards and sure enough the entire western sky was covered with anvils and clouds as black as the night itself as far as the eye can see. But they had to be atleast a good 30-40km away, yet I was hearing thunder from it under full sunshine!

But yeah, got a bit of lightning and thunder from it. Other suburbs reported hail.

The forecast is traditional Melbourne fare, with rain and cold every single day. But somehow I get the feeling we will get a very active storm season. If we can produce storms from cold like today with no humidity, then geez we can expect some fun later on as temps and humidity rise.

I just checked my 12" scope's mirror box for unwanted crap like a family of possums but luckily I only found one tiny abandoned strand of dust-laced spider silk. Even the spiders have given up hope...

bartman
24-08-2012, 02:23 AM
Melbourne says it all hey.......
Four seasons in a day.....
Bartos

bartman
24-08-2012, 02:59 AM
Heheheheheh nope not me as I am in Perth......hehehhehe
Not that the weather is good here .......heheheheh:rofl::rofl::rofl:
I feel your pain....
:sadeyes:
Cheers
Bartman

bartman
24-08-2012, 03:16 AM
Sorry PGC, I hope that with my comment I did not offend you:confused2:.
Could you please explain the drug references in your post as I do not fully understand .......and to some degree feel offended as you have quoted my post.......
which BTW had / has nothing to do with drugs
bartman:shrug:

pgc hunter
24-08-2012, 10:51 AM
No you didnt offend, why would I find your comment offensive? As for the drug references, I was referring to people on some weather forums out there that actually love cloudy overcast rainy weather.