PDA

View Full Version here: : Ice Trade experience.

sebastion
19-08-2012, 09:00 PM
I have/ am having an experience on ice trade which has me worried about the sellers integrity. i have read the TOS and ice trade sticky about protecting your self. However after having done research on the seller and payed for the items(being quoted aust post postage and insurance). i get a pm telling me my goods have been sent via courier(a known dodgy one) .

i sent a pm expressing my concern and disappointment at,
1. being quoted for one service and then given another.
2. Not consulted or contacted about the decision to use another service.

Two days and I've not heard from the seller.
my point is this. There is no way under the current system to let others know of experiences that people have had regarding sellers or buyers.

Obviously having threads that bag out sellers or buyers is not a good idea. But i think there needs to be something that reports based on actual experience peoples behavior.(especially for payed advertisers)
I am happy to report that all transaction to date have been fantastic.

as a side note: in all likelihood i will receive my goods, hopefully intact.
Only after searching keywords and names, following threads etc. I found the smallest hint of a clue as to the sellers previous dealings. I hope i'm wrong, but i have that fishy feeling:(

thanks

leon
19-08-2012, 09:12 PM
I understand your frustration, and disappointment, unfortunately even on IIS there are some dodgy sellers, :sadeyes: and once the money is in their bank things change,

I hope you get your item you bought in good faith, intact and exactly what you paid for.

Leon :thumbsup:

2stroke
19-08-2012, 09:30 PM
On overclockers australia most of us keep a trading database linked to our signature, if not members names saying will not trade with blah and blah ect. I can't see any reason a member can't have i will not trade with in there signatures :) It can mean ripped me off, never collected, goods damaged due to bad packing or there just plain bad to deal with.

sebastion
19-08-2012, 09:45 PM
But will signatures show up when you do a search of the users name?

2stroke
19-08-2012, 10:12 PM
Good question? lol try the search features. The great thing about ocau is peoples databases, all the heavy traders have them and when you use them you can get quick results.