PDA

View Full Version here: : weather

graham.hobart
18-08-2012, 03:58 AM
just thought I would mention that the weather down here in Hobart at the moment is monumentally ****e. I wanted to finish off my deck and shed this weekend but looks like I will be sitting by the fire and cooking instead. I can't imagine how you chaps in the North Island manage with hail stones the size of bull's testicles and wind and rain, when you are used to such glorious weather, or so the idiot box says.
:cloudy::hi:
Graz.
By the way I passed my 500th post, it's only taken me four years.
I must be a slow learner.
:hi:

Russ59
18-08-2012, 06:06 AM
Hi Graham,

I think I'm copping the same weather as you here in Cenral Victoria. I have a small shed to erect this weekend and some fences to repair but it's rained constantly for most of the night. Oh well... As they always say, it's good for the dams. :rain:
Russ

pgc hunter
18-08-2012, 08:22 AM
I live in Melbourne. There is a reason why god invented Dan Murphys, and why most Dan Murphys in Melbourne have a Liquorland 2 metres away.

And flipping through the phone book, I come across a page with BROTHEL written in huge bold font. It makes sense though, nothing else to do but get wasted and have a shag or two with hookers in your spare time in a climate like this.

GrampianStars
18-08-2012, 08:47 AM
Rain gone 35mls Sunny Sat. Grampians morn windy 4C not perfect for putting up laserlite and replacing solar panels...

Ric
18-08-2012, 09:53 AM
Pretty murky up my way as well.

At the moment it's 3.5ºc and threatening rain.

mithrandir
18-08-2012, 10:20 AM
It's a whole 18 deg and full sun out at my weather station. Nice if you are in windproof clothing as it feels like there's 20 deg of wind chill.

sheeny
18-08-2012, 10:26 AM
Oh, I don't know Graham... being inside by the fire sounds OK with me. Here's a pic from this morning here;).

Besides, your deck is an astro project... you KNOW what that means for the weather.

:P

Al.

graham.hobart
18-08-2012, 12:18 PM
does that mean the weather is going to be three sheets to the wind for the next two months?, as I am an incredibly slow astro builder.
Wind sucking horse or not, even quick set concrete puts it's hands in its dungarees and says- I'm off mate' when it sees my deck.
In fact it will suck down here for a while as I have put a deposit down for a new mount as well.
Pity the poor folks down the mountain from me. :rofl:

sheeny
18-08-2012, 12:26 PM
Could be, could be... I suggest you nonchalantly ignore the project as much as possible (but be ready to swing into action the second the weather is tricked into thinking you're not doing it!):thumbsup:

Al.

pgc hunter
20-08-2012, 02:06 PM
Let's take a look at Australian capital cities rain and sunshine data for the first 19 days of August...

City ..... sunshine hours.... rain days

Adelaide ......... 108.0 ...... 9
Brisbane ......... 186.3 ...... 0
Canberra ........ 123.6 ...... 5
Darwin ........... 209.6 ...... 0
Hobart ............. 94.8 ..... 10
Melbourne ........ 85.7 ..... 14
Perth ............. 138.9 ..... 12
Sydney .......... 149.1 ...... 3

:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2::mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Baddad
20-08-2012, 02:32 PM
Hi PGC Hunter,:)

Those stats only proves that no one in Brisbane or Darwin has purchased any new toys.:lol:

Members down south have been rather extravagant and been doing themselves badly.:sadeyes:

Its best to buy a little at a time. Keeps the weather more settled.:)

Cheers;)
I believe I'd better hide now.:scared3: