PDA

View Full Version here: : Best Evidence- Top 10 UFO Sightings.

Suzy
11-08-2012, 05:37 PM
This video is well worth watching. Even if you're a skeptic, I'm sure it'll make you think.

I remain a fence sitter- I don't believe in UFO's (I'll be specific-alien visitors) but I'm open to the possibility so I tend to watch what I think are the more reputable docos (if that's possible :lol: ).

I'm awfully brave putting up a UFO doco on here I know :P... some of these threads tend to attract some heated argument. :help: I ask please, that perhaps we can share a healthy debate with respect if that does happen. ;):)

No#2 on the list about the SkyLab incident is a doozy don't you think? This is the first time I've heard about that incident.

http://www.latest-ufo-sightings.net/2012/08/best-evidence-top-10-ufo-sightings.html#.UCHuwB_kA4o.faceboo k

GeoffW1
11-08-2012, 06:14 PM
Hi Suzy,

You are brave indeed :lol: but I'm with you on this.

I've just read through "The Eerie Silence" by Paul Davies, which really poses a lot of challenging questions about it.

Instead of just considering the Fermi Paradox - "Where are they all?", we should be asking "Why should they?" or even "When might they?", or "How exactly?"

It's a lot larger question than I first realized. There apparently isn't really much reason why we would see any evidence of ET.

This means that if we DO ever, it would be even more earth shaking than most of us have thought.

Myself, I don't believe in actual flying saucers zooming around Earth right now, but as to the bigger question..... are they out there anywhere...... it has many more implications than we usually consider.

Cheers

jenchris
11-08-2012, 07:46 PM
Here's the reason they aren't closer than they are.
Well, it's what I'd put up there.

clive milne
11-08-2012, 07:54 PM
One of favourite science fiction? movies of all time is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPmgR5ituU4

mozzie
11-08-2012, 08:03 PM
thanks suzy..enjoyed watching that....my opinion well you just never know??

of topic been watching finding bigfoot on animal planet with my 8 year old on a tuesday night.i'll say one thing it frightens my boy when he's ready for bed after it..same thing you just don't know....iv'e seen something when i was younger that really frightened me !!!!!!!

jenchris
11-08-2012, 08:40 PM
My father recounted an experience when he was out rowing in the area outside loch Ness - another loch that opened into the sea where his submarine was stationed.
What he saw was a long neck with a head that came out of the water behind the boat (he was rowing so facing aft.) he dropped the oars and my mother turned to see what had made dad gasp and all she got was the large rippling circle where it had dropped back into the water.
I've no reason to doubt my dad he didn't regale his mates or anything - just kept his mouth shut. My mother told me about it 30 years later.

PeterM
11-08-2012, 09:29 PM
OK I will be in a healthy debate. Watched it and now here's one of my favourite UFO videos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YQiYUD8klc
Having tried similar some years ago I know it works a treat over Brissy.

leon
11-08-2012, 09:34 PM
Thanks Suzy, but i am not convinced at all, I am a true non believer in this sort of stuff, but that is just me.

Leon

Colin_Fraser
11-08-2012, 09:44 PM
I saw the one about the US military in Britain once before except it was a longer version.
In the longer version the squad was despatched to investigate and they recorded weird sounds on the tape recorder they took with them.
Why on earth would you take a tape recorder and not a camera?

SkyViking
11-08-2012, 10:06 PM
I used to be fascinated by UFO stories when I was a kid. But something always seemed illogical about it: For example, why would aliens fly around in spaceships with lights on...? What would the purpose be? That just doesn't make sense.

Peter Ward
11-08-2012, 10:19 PM
As Carl Sagan was fond for saying, "extraordinary claims, require extraordinary evidence".

To be blunt, the holes in that (Youtube/UFO) argument you could could drive a Mack truck through.

In the age of millions if, not billions, of image capture devices, you'd think someone would have caught a nice clear picture of ET and despite this BS being debunked time and time again, still there some stalwarts who believe similarly to those who think the earth is flat... :screwy:

I have seen many trained professionals mis-interpret parallax, and mistake Venus as a "tracking" light in the Sky.

Expert opinion and the opinion of an uninformed "expert" are often vastly different. It doesn't take a lot of crtitical thought to work out who the snake oil salesperson is.....:rolleyes:

Do I think there is life elsewhere in the Universe? ...well yes...could be anything from bacteria to sentient beings.

but..as Douglas Adams once wrote, the Universe is *really* big....hence as for aliens are hovering around the earth in UFO's...the word delusional comes to mind.

Jan Masu
11-08-2012, 10:44 PM
Watch this as reported on Fox News.
UFO tracked by Mexican air force plane and videoed on a high resolution camera!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2hnx3_ufo-fox-news-mexican-air-force-cnn_news

Suzy
11-08-2012, 11:49 PM
Do chinese lanterns fly that high :question: :lol:
Hmmmm that's an interesting Video Jan, thanks for the link. I don't know what to make of it, but whoa interesting!
Quote from video: "Members of the Mexican Defence Department say it's the first time UFO's have the backing of any country's armed forces."
So I say shoot 'em down and let's see what it is. :lol:

So, has anyone got any ideas of what that thing SkyLab saw could be???

stephenb
12-08-2012, 04:15 AM
What I thought was ironic was the FBI warning at the start of the film.

mozzie
12-08-2012, 06:50 AM
did you ever see a doco jen on nat geo or discovery re:looking for lochness it was a few years ago using radar or that kind of equipment...great show

bojan
12-08-2012, 07:17 AM
Suzy,
have a look at this thread (this forum):
http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=54253&highlight=UFO, post #10.
I haven't changed my opinion on the subject since that event ;)

MattT
12-08-2012, 08:22 AM
Good to know that Oz makes it into the top 20 for sightings...proof positive that it is world wide :lol: Are these the same people that provided the Bush Administration with the WMD advice???? Like the list of sightings on the right hand side of the screen, thats 1 a day or more. At that rate I should be seeing my own UFO real soon..if only I could wipe the tears from my eyes after laughing so much in time to see it move past...
Nice thread Suzy.
Not sitting on the fence, Matt

Suzy
12-08-2012, 09:07 AM
That's a doozy! :eyepop:
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad boy! :lol:

Mozzie, I like Big Foot stories, I'll have to see if there's a re-run of it on Foxtel.:D Such a legend! I want it to be real... he's out there...somewhere....:whistle:
Go to love legends!

Jennifer, that was an amazing story! Whatever it was it sure scared your father. I remember a documentary I watched some years ago of the big hunt for it, scouring the lake with hi-tech equipment.

leon
12-08-2012, 09:09 AM
Have to agree with Peter, one would thought that in this day and age some one would have taken a clear picture of any one of these events, everything is always blurred.

All hocus pocus i reckon.

leon

Exfso
12-08-2012, 10:24 AM
This is one loaded thread. I worked in aviation hence my Nick EXFSO, for 30 years, had some very interesting experiences relating to UFO's. I wont go into them as I will probably get canned about them, but one does stick out in my memory, and it is about a very good friend of mine who was a commercial pilot with 30,000 hrs in command. He related to me an incident that happened to him flying from LeighCreek to Adelaide one clear moonless night. This guy was one very level headed dude, and I believe what he saw was something that is very hard to explain away as naturally occurring. Without going into too much detail, which is quite vague to me now, in a nutshell he had some sort of "craft" flying in formation with him off his port wing for around 20 minutes, it did not have wings as we know it, and to put it bluntly it scared the "crap" out of him. When it decided to leave him, he was approaching radar coverage from Adelaide radar in the vicinity of Port Pirie. He did not report it to Control as they would not have seen it anyway as at that time radar coverage was not available at the level he was flying at and at that distance from Adelaide. When he landed at Adelaide he was ghostly white and visibly shaking. Whatever it was it left an indelible mark on his memory.:shrug:

TrevorW
12-08-2012, 10:58 AM
"The truth is out there somewhere"

mozzie
12-08-2012, 11:43 AM
one day well meet suzy!!!!!!!

have to get you to astrofest...and i'll tell you what i seen in the bush one day many years ago...still frightens the crap out of me....

Larryp
12-08-2012, 01:48 PM
So many amateur and professional astronomers observing every clear night, yet none of us see anything abnormal?-perhaps because we know what we are seeing.
I believe there is life in the universe-it is almost absurd to believe otherwise, but the tyranny of distance makes it impossible to make contact unless there is a way to DRASICALLY exceed the speed of light.

marc4darkskies
12-08-2012, 02:46 PM
EVERYONE knows that warp drive is the answer! Either that or these ETs are travelling interdimensionally. Isn't that obvious - how else could they be visiting us?! Sheeze! :lol::P

Why do Amateur Astronomers never see them? That's obvious too. The ETs sensOrs are calibrated to avoid intelligence! :question: :nerd: :shrug: In cases where intelligent people do see them, they quickly flee to do a level one diagnosic on their sensOr array! Even ETs have technical glitches ya know!

This is all basic stuff Laurie ... get with the program mate! ;):lol:

Seriously though, it was quite an interesting video and I enjoyed watching it (I guess because I want to believe it), but if those are the BEST cases, then there's no hope for the UFOlogists and true believers.

Cheers, Marcus

Larryp
12-08-2012, 02:58 PM
I enjoyed the videos too, Marcus. I guess most of us would like to believe we are not alone in the universe!

Baddad
12-08-2012, 04:05 PM
Seeing UFO's. Perhaps it will happen, maybe it has. To me there is not enough evidence to support it. That video you produced Suzy, very interesting. Glad you shared.

However to achieve space travel, inter-galactically is somewhat fantastic. When I consider things like dark matter and dark energy, I wonder if aliens could be hiding behind the veil of dark matter? Particularly that dark matter is invisible and practically undetectable.

It can give rise to warp speed and real sci fi stuff, cloking etc. How could they remain in contact with home base?

My brain starts to hurt with these possibilities or impossibilities.

Good thread Suzy.

Cheers

trek1701
12-08-2012, 05:10 PM
I’m for one word love to believe in UFO’s hence my avatar, but to this date we still don’t have any real tangible evidence.
One would think if there gone to such great lengths to get here, why be so elusive.
Also with all the alleged landings why don’t we still have any real evidence, not even something mundane such as a can opener or something.

Cheers Mark

RB
12-08-2012, 06:46 PM
Well Mark, I'd say that a civilization as advanced as that, that can get from there to here, would have already developed 'the hatch'.
No need for a can opener.

:P

Octane
12-08-2012, 06:59 PM
UFOs and aliens? Try your local mall during the school holiday period. :poke:

H

Baddad
12-08-2012, 08:23 PM
Hi Mark,:)
"Why be so elusive". That's a good question. I see two answers.
1. If you study ants you try not to disturb them. That way the research is not contaminated. Humans would appear as primitive insects to a race that can travel at warp.:D

2. They just don't care about a primitive race. Nothing to gain except fear induced aggression. Let sleeping dogs lie.:)

I tend to stay away from aggresive insect nests. Like wasps.
I have the capacity to destroy a wasp nest but if I don't have to negotiate it again I avoid it.:)

Cheers:)

Colin_Fraser
12-08-2012, 10:22 PM
What if an alien's lifespan was 10,000 times greater than ours. Time may not be an issue for them.
Travelling from Earth to Pluto would be like a Sunday arvo drive.
No need to travel faster than the speed of light.

Suzy
12-08-2012, 10:46 PM
A big thank you to everyone who has participated, some of you even being brave enough to share some strange experiences (except Mozzie! :P ), some of you for not being afraid to say that you believe, and a further big thank you for respecting each others beliefs thus enabling a healthy open discussion where no one has been ridiculed for sharing their opinion. Awesome! :thanks:

Marty, nicely explained & I tend to agree with you. :thumbsup:

Peter, Astro Fest ice & I don't mix :lol: so I'll have to try and twist your arm to spill the story, sounds interesting. :D.

:face::face::face:

Ric
12-08-2012, 11:43 PM
Hi Suzy, it has always been a subject that makes me wonder what's going on up there ever since I was a kid.

I always have a camera at the ready whenever I'm out with the scope. One day it may just happen.

Cheers

astroron
12-08-2012, 11:54 PM
As an observer for over 26 years and outdoors person even longer, I have seen nothing to make me feel that we are being visited by extra terrestial's
I was told by a UFO Buff many years ago, that I will never see a UFO because I don't believe:screwy:
Cheers:thumbsup:

joe_smith
13-08-2012, 12:31 AM
This is a good doco with some good eyewitness to, its called "I Know What I Saw" its pretty good :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIeGeE0uDJg

BPO
13-08-2012, 07:27 AM
People believe whatever they want to believe. Reality has nothing to do with it.

ourkind
14-08-2012, 12:24 AM
More reports of UFO sightings across Australia...

http://www.northernstar.com.au/story/2012/08/13/more-ufo-sighting-reports-northern-rivers/

Personally I subscribe to the scientific method and Carl Sagan's words which have already been quoted earlier in the thread and that also applies to God but that's another can of worms :rolleyes:

SkyViking
14-08-2012, 06:18 AM
A while ago I came across this excellent analysis of the Min Min lights: http://www.uq.edu.au/nuq/jack/MinMinCEO.pdf

GrampianStars
14-08-2012, 11:03 AM
Ah... ET again...

Someone may believe or disbelieve in ET because they've been convinced by an argument or for emotional reasons, but the mere fact that ET exists or doesn't exist doesn't CAUSE belief or disbelief....

I don't want to believe my mounts PE error. Unfortunately, I do believe it,

and I DO want to believe that I can see Appolo landers on the moon,
but, unfortunately, I don't believe I see them. ;)