PDA

View Full Version here: : Could somebody please loan me a synscan handset?

rthorntn
06-08-2012, 02:56 PM
Hi,

I am trying to troubleshoot an older EQ6 goto mount and I suspect it's a problem with the hand controller, does anyone have one I could borrow for a few days?

I am based in North Sydney / Naremburn.

It would be much appreciated, more than happy to cover costs to get it to me and also happy to figure out a way to safely put a deposit down on it if required.

Thanks all!

Cheers
Richard

kustard
06-08-2012, 04:08 PM
I've got an ALT/AZ version that I'm not using. If you're able to flash it with the EQ firmware you are more than welcome to borrow it. PM me if you like.

rthorntn
06-08-2012, 05:10 PM
Thanks Simon!

To avoid any risk of the flash bricking it does anyone have an EQ version they would loan?

Cheers
Richard

Poita
07-08-2012, 10:12 AM
Haha Simon, I just introduced the kids to 'Monkey' last night and they love it.

If anyone can help richard out with a controller, a HEQ5pro one will work as well. We just need to test it for literally 5 minutes.

Cheers

-Peter

asimov
07-08-2012, 10:16 AM
What's the symptoms if I may ask?

rthorntn
07-08-2012, 10:21 AM
RA is basically intermittent, most of the time it doesn't work at all, I can maybe get it to work after 2-3 power cycles, then it will fail again after the first goto. Also the synscan fails to power up initially and then always powers on after a power cycle.

I am using an Electus Distribution MP3097 13.8 Volt 10 Amp DC Lab Power Supply, so the power supply is all good, showing 13.0v on the handset.

/Richard

graham.hobart
07-08-2012, 10:25 AM
My NE Q 6 is supposed to be getting a face lift. Mean while I have the controller at home.
Its about two years old.
Let me know
Graham