PDA

View Full Version here: : Right price for a C11 Nexstar?

mborg
02-08-2012, 08:19 AM
Hi Everyone,

I have had an interest in Astronomy for many many years but have somehow lost touch with the latest equipment and prices in the last few years.
I am now looking at getting back into the game and I am contemplating the purchase of a C11 Nexstar scope.
I have lost track of the evolution of prices in the last few years and would appreciate your input as to what the value of the telescope is as I do not want to be paying too much for it - only the right price.
So here goes:

- C11 nexstar GPS
- Celestron equatorial wedge
- JMI NGF-S electronic focuser
- JMI hard plastic carry case
- Meade flip miror 647
- focal reducer 6.3 (celestron)
- ccd focal reducer 3.3 (meade)
- 2" celestron diagonal
- 2 x celestron ultima barlow
- piggy back mount
- anti vibration pads
- couple of celestron filters (moon and light pollution)

The scope was purchased by the seller in 2001 and it seems to be in excellent condition both optically and aesthetically (i have not been able to test it on the sky however).
The nexstar series features carbon fiber tube and fastar option and of course a goto mount with autoguiding port

What type of price would I be looking at for this package?

Thank you for the help everyone
:)

blink138
02-08-2012, 10:04 AM
if it were me i would start by finding out the new prices of everything listed, from local dealers such as andrews and bintel
personally i dont think they hold their value particularly well... try our own IIS archives for past posts
a very important way i chose to look at purchases was to put a minimum five year "keep" on my setup
pat

JZ
16-04-2013, 11:12 PM
Did you end up getting the Nexstar 11?
I'm interested in a similar setup.

Cheers...