PDA

View Full Version here: : Keeping It All Together

mick pinner
21-02-2005, 07:18 PM
First impression is what a great site and bunch of vouyers, you guys have done a great job and I am sure it will only get better.
My enjoyment of astronomy has always come from the sheer delight of finding something new, all the equipment in the world is no good if you lose the wonder our great hobby affords us.
As a lot of you have said it's no good having it if you don't use it telescope envy only turns our hobby into a chore, our science is one of exploration, but never forget where home is.
You guys seem to have your feet on the ground and I for one am glad to be a part of it.
Mick

iceman
22-02-2005, 06:17 AM
Hey Mick.

Thanks for the kind words and sentiments. And you're right, it's a great bunch of people that have come together here, it's obviously something that's been missing in Australia for a long time and people are jumping at the opportunity to have something local, some place to call home.

And you said it perfectly, it matters not the size of your scope. As long as it's pointed up and you're taking in the wonders of the skies.

Striker
22-02-2005, 01:10 PM
Nice touch Mick....how much did Iceman Mike pay you to say that....lol

ving
22-02-2005, 04:43 PM
lol
/me slaps tony with a wet floppy trout

thanks for the kind words :)