PDA

View Full Version here: : Anyone using Triggertrap and an iphone to control their camera?

gregbradley
29-07-2012, 02:31 PM
I started using Triggertrap to run my Nikon D800E with my iphone and it does not seem to connect.

Anyone with experience using triggertrap?

Greg.

Dennis
29-07-2012, 02:46 PM
Hi Greg

I’ve used it with my Canon 40D and & 7D but on an iPod Touch and it worked as advertised. I had to order the unit with the Canon N3 connector.

Cheers

Dennis

Omaroo
29-07-2012, 03:02 PM
Yep Greg - I used it on my 5D-II when I had it and now I've ordered the cable for the Olympus. Always worked perfectly.

gregbradley
29-07-2012, 11:03 PM
Perhaps I should try it with my Canon 40D to see if it works. It may be the D800 is new and they haven't updated something for it. Or perhaps I am not setting it up properly.

Thanks. I'll check into it more deeply.
Meanwhile the internal time lapse function works fantastically well. Also a cheap Chinese intervalvometer works great as well. Its both wireless and cable.

Greg.

Omaroo
30-07-2012, 10:17 AM
Greg - it might be a "thing" with the D800E - like most Nikon cameras of late, they seem a little difficult to develop third party trigger applications for. Have a look at the DSLRremote compatability page:

http://www.ononesoftware.com/products/dslr-camera-remote/specs.html

For the D800E, you can see that DSLRremote can't control either live view or bulb modes. I suspect that the Nikon SDK's restrictions are to blame for that. Funnily-enough, the straight D800 will run in remote live view. Go figure.

Given this, my guess is that other apps and devices might have similar restrictions placed on them by Nikon's SDK.

seeker372011
30-07-2012, 06:54 PM
Where do you get the cable from? I tried to buy it off Amazon and it wouldn't let me?

Omaroo
30-07-2012, 08:06 PM
Narayan, just go direct: https://triggertrap.com/

You need the dongle (one size fits all) and the cable for your particular camera, so that's two separate items you require. I tried buying a cable for my new Olympus just this morning and they're out of stock, but I think the more common cameras are ok.

seeker372011
30-07-2012, 09:24 PM
Thanks Chris.

Worked just fine. Still goes to Amazon, but this time it all worked.
They must have been out of stock last time I tried

gregbradley
31-07-2012, 05:45 PM
You are probably right. They don't seem to have a compatibility page on their website but this is the likely scenario.

I'll email them again about it.

Greg.