PDA

View Full Version here: : new mod

mozzie
24-07-2012, 05:29 PM
don't know if this is running else where but i see al sheeny is a mod know :thumbsup: with rb and iceman is that all the mod's know or am i missing something !!!!!!!!!! anyway all the best al and congrat's ....

[1ponders]
24-07-2012, 05:42 PM
Good onya Al. Best of British to you my friend. :thumbsup:

sheeny
24-07-2012, 05:46 PM
Thanks Pete.

Not that I've actually done any moderating yet... I nearly moved an Icetrade post to the archives but RB beat me to it:). Just finding my way around the "backroom" for now.

ATM you are right, there's only the 3 of us, but I expect that will change.

Al.

sheeny
24-07-2012, 05:47 PM
Thanks Paul. Appreciate it.:thumbsup:

Al.

mozzie
24-07-2012, 05:52 PM
oh thanks al!!!!! i'm shore there will be an announcement from mike and the appropriate thanks to those mod's... if iv'e started a thread that mike may have wanted to please close it al.. i can be your first :lol::lol::lol:

Astro_Bot
24-07-2012, 05:54 PM
Good luck. :thumbsup:

http://www.springcreekgroup.com/blog/careful-banhammer-moderation-and-community-management-tips

Dennis
24-07-2012, 05:56 PM
Hi Al

Well, I could not think of a nicer bloke – well done! I’m sure your touch will be wise and fair, yet firm and balanced when required.

Good choice!

Cheers

Dennis

hotspur
24-07-2012, 06:36 PM
Good Luck Al,hope you have a hard hat-IIS is the only forum I have been on where there is the odd 'grass fire' and occasional 'bush fire'.

Never would have picked it-out of all the forums I go on,this being a supposedly scientific forum,would be the one I'd have least thought I'd see
behaviour that warrants 'room for improvement' by some members.

I hope they at least give you a free beanie,looks like hard work being a mod.

Matt Wastell
24-07-2012, 07:07 PM
Good on you Al.

I guess from this post Mods are the folk who ensure everyone stays on track and follow the rules - what else do you do?

sheeny
24-07-2012, 07:24 PM
Thanks guys.

You're a tease, Peter... I must... resist... don't press... the button...

:P

That's pretty much it I think at this stage, apart from some housekeeping in the Icetrades (moving sold or withdrawn items to the archives).

:)

Al.

Omaroo
24-07-2012, 07:25 PM
Good on you Al - a level head is required, and you have that. There goes that promise to yourself not to spend so much time in front of the computer. LOL

Ausrock
24-07-2012, 07:27 PM
Kinda agree................

And please don't get me wrong, I actually do appreciate the ISS community........... BUT after nearly 10 years moderating on a couple of audio recording forums and "hanging" on others for even longer, this forum comes close to the top of the list of forums (I've encountered) with "unusual" or questionable levels of tolerance.

That said..............congrats Al, all the best with your new role around here. Anyways, you're a guitar player so that counts for heaps. Recently got myself a Taylor 12 string :D.

iceman
24-07-2012, 07:27 PM
Beat me to it, Mozzie!

Official announcement:
http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=93962

Closing this one now, thanks :)