PDA

View Full Version here: : TheSkyX Pro - East & West Reversed?

stevous67
15-07-2012, 09:29 PM
Hi all,

I'm hoping a SkyX Pro user can help with an annoying problem of having the east and West views reversed? Is this normal, or have I a setting messed up?

All my location data seems correctly input, and the positions of objects appear correct for my location and time, but just back to front for East and West. :shrug:

Version 10.1.11

Thank you for any tips,

Steve :help:

frolinmod
16-07-2012, 09:00 AM
Do you mean like you've clicked on TheSkyX->Display->Show Mirror Image?

If you take an image and image link it, TheSkyX will orient the virtual sky correctly. It also helps to orient yourself if you set "TheSkyX->Tools->Image Link->FOVI Options->Rotate FOVIs to computed position angle" before doing the image link. At least once you should also check "TheSkyX->Tools->Image Link->FOVI Options->Create FOVI From Scale and Position Angle" before doing an image link with your camera to create an actual rather than theoretical FOV indicator for your camera.

stevous67
16-07-2012, 06:50 PM
Hello Frolinmod,

Thanks for the reply! I'm traveling interstate and unfortunately cannot check your suggestion till I return Thursday. I thought I clicked everywhere - perhaps not. :confused2:

But just to confirm my problem, when I am looking at the sky display, and for example, looking SOUTH, to the right is the East, with the west to the left. :screwy: Not sure why this would even be an option, unless you worked with your PC above your head.

I appreciate the help and will confirm when home again.

Cheers

Steve :thanx:

stevous67
20-07-2012, 08:48 PM
Oh my god, that was so easy to fix. That was a real dumb question now I know the answer. :screwy:

Thank you for the help. :rofl:

Steve