PDA

View Full Version here: : Bintel out of stock of HEQ5 untill Sep or Oct

Forgey
14-07-2012, 11:25 AM
Rang Bintel this morning cause i was going to go over an get an HEQ5 or EQ5 pro and they are out of stock untill at least September/early october. I can't beleive it!

swannies1983
14-07-2012, 11:51 AM
What about the EQ6? ;)

brian nordstrom
14-07-2012, 11:59 AM
:) Andrews has them , Paula .
Brian.

Forgey
14-07-2012, 12:04 PM
Yeah i knew they would have and i might have to go through them and get it shipped. Was only going to go to bintel as they are just up the road from me.

astroron
14-07-2012, 12:44 PM
Might sound obvious Paula, but could the Sydney branch of Bintel have one :question:
Cheers:thumbsup:

Forgey
14-07-2012, 02:38 PM
Well I thought i'd go for a saturday drive to bintel anyway cause i needed some guide rings and a camera adapter.
I walked into the store and i must admit i was very disappointed. They dont have any EQ mount at all in stock and only 2 of alt/az meade mounts on display and 2 dobs.
They had hardly anything in stock and 2 of the 3 guys there really didnt know anything.
I finally got to talk to the other guy(think he runs it) and he said there is 1 eq5 in the sydney store.
Anyway i bought what i needed and left.
Pretty disappointed really.

Baddad
14-07-2012, 03:10 PM
Hi Paula,:)

When I read the title I thought I had found the cause. OF ALL THIS UNSEASONAL RAIN.:lol:

Deducing that someone has purchased all of Bintel's stock. I am wrong, its too far away to affect Brisbane.:shrug:

However I will keep on it and find who has been buying astro gear big time.;)

Cheers

astroron
14-07-2012, 03:11 PM
Sad to hear that Paula:(
I hope you get something soon:)
Cheers:thumbsup:

2stroke
14-07-2012, 03:16 PM
Who ever maintains there stock needs firing, there is really no reason to be sold out of all eq mounts apart from bad stock management :( These things do have to be shipped from China no doubt, though for a business which has being around for so many years there's no reason not to factor this into stock maintenance. Anyhow money now going to Andrews or Astronomy Alive where for some "magical reason" they seem to always have stock :) As Derryn Hinch would say "shame shame shame"

stephenb
14-07-2012, 03:26 PM
That would be Anthony - very knowledgeable and been there a long time.

All very good ordering form Andrews if you need the item and prepared to pay. I know, I know they are cheaper with most items but does anyone factor in the shipping from Sydney and if there is a problem with it - shipping back to Sydney? These are the things you have to weigh up - factors I rarely see this in discussions of this type.

If it was me, I'd be insisting on BinTel shipping that last one in stock down to their Melbourne store and pick it up next week.

Good luck with it Paula!

Forgey
14-07-2012, 03:38 PM
Thanks Stephen.
I've bought from both Bintel & Andrews, I bought my 10"dob from andrews and got it shipped. And while Andrews is slightly cheaper by the time i paid for shipping it would have cost the same if I had of gone to bintel and picked it up.
They did offer to ship the eq5 from the sydney store but i would have to pay for the shipping !

Sarge
14-07-2012, 04:39 PM
I have bought quite a number of items from Bintel Melb over several years. Can't fault the service and advice. Very knowledgeble and helpful staff. But I have noticed lately they are not carry much stock, which is disappointing. Sad to walk into the shop and see so much empty floor space and shelves. Had to wait nearly 6 months for my 17 mm TV to arrive. Hope it is nothing more than AUS being low on the needs basis for goods, with demand elsewhere in the world taking precedence. Sad day for amateur astronomy to see Bintel struggling.

Clear skies

Rod
:D:D

steve000
14-07-2012, 05:37 PM
I wish we had a bintel or andrews in brisbane. Take over the old york optical shop at the valley.

anthony2302749
14-07-2012, 08:05 PM
Dear Paula

Sorry I was not there on Saturday as it was my RDO. I regret the inconvenience in regards to availability of the HEQ5 and EQ5 mounts from the BINTEL Melbourne. The issue is that we have sold lots of these mounts over the past months and have exhausted our supplier of stock. We have been advised by our supplier that these mounts will be available by August at the latest, if you still interested

And to belay any concerns we are in good shape here at BINTEL Melbourne, we are low on stock because you guys brought it all. Finally I am not a forum type, I enjoy talking to people so if you have any other questions give me a ring and I will answer them to the best of my ability.

Regards
Anthony McCulloch
Manager
BINTEL Melbourne

P.S. Please go easy on my staff as I hired two new part-timers, Adrian and Gavin who are still in training and it will take me time to get them up to speed.

Forgey
14-07-2012, 08:47 PM
Hi Anthony,

Thanks for clarifying that issue, however I was told today that the mounts would be available by september/october.
I was just shocked that there was no EQ mounts available at all and that even the floor models/ex demos were sold and i was really looking forward to getting one today which i had been waiting for for close to 6 months and was disappointed.
I have however previously purchased items and have had no problems and good service.

Thanks,
Paula

2stroke
14-07-2012, 08:52 PM
LMFAO in the valley, lol i wouldn't visit it unless i had an armored hummer with a gunner on the roof at a 50cal and a few black hawks for air support. I would feel safer getting one from a shop on the streets of baghdad Iraq.:rofl:

Sarge
14-07-2012, 09:58 PM
Good news Anthony. :thumbsup:

Keep on keeping on Bintel.:thanx:

Clear skies

Rod
:D:D

Max Vondel
17-07-2012, 08:34 PM
I'm sure a cheaper one will come up on the forums before September!

steve000
25-07-2012, 07:11 PM
Sirius is as well, picked up one today.