PDA

View Full Version here: : RoboFocus and Hitec Astro Hub Pro with Gemini I

pmrid
13-07-2012, 02:44 PM
The installation guide for RoboFocus says that it is possible for it and Gemini to share a single COM port. I was wondering whether anyone has done this and if so, what the results were.

Similarly, the blurb with Hitecastro's Hub says that you can run the RoboFocus via the DB9 port on the Hub, bypassing the control box and other electrics supplied with the standard RoboFocus installation. Anyone tried this?

Peter

marki
13-07-2012, 03:18 PM
Yes Peter, all you need to do is run a serial cable from the hub to the robofocus motor. The software that comes with the mount hub pro allows you to set the focus steps. Works a treat although I have not tried to auto focus through focusmax yet.

Mark

bert
13-07-2012, 06:43 PM
I have been using the mhp for some time in 2 different observatories.

Ithe focusing side does work with some caveats. Robofocus is absolute. Mhp is not, for example the ascom side of the driver gives a different value of position from the mhp software. Also the interface doesn't really tell what's going on, wheather the motor is slewing etc.

It's isn't as slick as the robofocus interface. It does work however. The rest of the mhp works great.

Brett