PDA

View Full Version here: : Enough vampires already!

Omaroo
12-07-2012, 07:49 PM
Gawd... just saw an ad for the up-coming Tim Burton movie "Abraham Lincoln - Vampire Hunter". While I generally really like quirky TB movies.... ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enough vampire crap, please! When are audiences going to send a message that the world is over this damned genre? :mad2:

blink138
12-07-2012, 07:54 PM
they will get the message when the punters vote with their feet and not pay to see it!
when i saw the trailer..... i muttered a whole sentence of expletives... but i wasn't quiet enough!
pat

JB80
12-07-2012, 08:03 PM
I laughed when I saw this, it has potential to be great.
And by great I mean terrible which is just the way I like my b-grades.
Interesting though it's Tim Burton, it looks quite good even if it's not very deep and I'm fairly sure we will end up with the blu-ray in the end.

Omaroo
12-07-2012, 08:21 PM
Yep - there's the conundrum. Burton's brilliant, I love his movies. I'll probably end up seeing the darned thing anyway - later on AppleTV. LOL

brian nordstrom
12-07-2012, 08:33 PM
:shrug: I hear you, its like those hugely popular Twilight movies , MY GOD !!! a vampire falling in love with a warewolf ?? in beverly hills 90201 ?? :screwy:. Problem is , is my daughter loves them .:confused2:.
I suppose if as Blink says if punters dont show ,,, and no money is made well??

Honest Abe ? scraping the bottom of the barrel there , dont you think ?
It may be a soften up for something bigger ? :question:.
I will not miss seeing it .
Brian.

JB80
12-07-2012, 08:43 PM
I'm actually surprised to learn it was Burton, I would of thought he'd have better things to be doing.
Still it will be mindless entertainment which is about what it says on the package really. It'll take a while but when it's cheap enough I'm sure we will pick it up.
Not in any rush though.

Octane
12-07-2012, 08:49 PM
I saw the preview when I went to see Prometheus and rolled my eyes.

I can't stand the vampire genre, either, despite the fact that Dr. Bram Stoker's Dracula is one of my favourite books of all time.

That, and, True Blood, the HBO series, is seriously good. Not as good as Game of Thrones, or The Wire, but, still, great. :D

H

brian nordstrom
12-07-2012, 09:00 PM
:D I Think the new Snow White movie will be better , I seen the shorts in 3D when I watched Prometheus , that looked good .
;).
Brian.

MrB
12-07-2012, 09:45 PM
Yep, Snow White and the Huntsman is an entertaining flick if you don't walk in expecting anything more than that, entertainment.
I really enjoyed it for what it is.
I didn't watch it in 3D tho, not really been impressed with the 3D stuff so far.

Astro_Bot
12-07-2012, 10:00 PM
It might be funny, but then again it might flop.

Did anyone see L-----n Vampire Killers? The two leads were funny guys and the film had potential, but sadly half the script was missing and the remainder was padded out to fill 90 minutes.

The genre does seem to be overdone of late.

Edit: Seriously? That word is bleeped? Oh well. Each forum does things differently, I suppose.

Omaroo
12-07-2012, 10:07 PM
Now... give me zombies - I can do zombies all day long. Vampires suck, but zombies are cool :) :lol: "Zombieland" with Woody Harrelson - a classic schlock flick of substance! :D

Astro_Bot
12-07-2012, 10:27 PM
Zombieland is great! Bill Murray's cameo is a classic. :)

On the topic of zombies, I recall a conversation with a friend a few years ago - how to do English classics for the modern audience. We figured that Wuthering Heights needed werewolves (Heathcliff as head wolf); Northanger Abbey was tailor made for vampires; and, Pride and Predjudice would be spiced up with zombies. Lo and behold, someone actually did it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pride_and_Prejudice_and_Zombies

Now all we need is Macbeth: Alien Hunter!

Davros
12-07-2012, 11:17 PM
Personally i like a good vampire movie. Cant wait till it comes out.

overlord
13-07-2012, 01:29 AM
I am an actual real life vampire. I was born in 1774. At the age of 24, younger than you are now, I inherited a large plantation....

Long story short i'm now living in melbourne and keeping the rat population under control.

Ric
13-07-2012, 02:37 AM
I agree Chris, the vampire thing is long overdue for a rest.

It must be time to bring back some good old sword & sandal action adventure in the Conan or D&D style.

TrevorW
13-07-2012, 11:36 AM
Probably after the second part of "Breaking Dawn"

Besides how long can Kate look so good in and out of leather (Underworld)

kustard
13-07-2012, 04:00 PM
I'm not a big vampire fan, I remember rolling my eyes when I first heard about twilight and made mocking remarks about the next movie having werewolves in it and my wife just laughed and sure enough suddenly werewolves were huggable buffs... *sigh*

I must admit when I first heard about AL - VH I laughed at the sheer idiocy of it and watching him completely explode a tree with an axe was funny.

Something that really annoys me is when I look through the Sc-Fi/Fantasy section of iBooks to get myself some more sci-fi/fantasy to read, I'm inundated with a plethora of these vampire romance novels... surely they should be put in romance and not in the sci-fi area!

</rant>

TrevorW
13-07-2012, 04:43 PM
Even in the vampire world love(ers) suck(s) :thumbsup: and like some women they can't wait till they get their teeth into you ;) then bleed you dry:P:D

shelltree
13-07-2012, 08:54 PM
I'd much prefer to watch Buffy re-runs ;)

Trixie
15-07-2012, 01:51 PM
I am not a huge fan of vampires but I really loved the series Being Human. I enjoyed the Sookie Stackhouse books as well. Some of the books are really awful, even worse than Twilight.

Anyway, apparently vampires are "so last week". Every bookshop I go to is filled with these 50 shades of Grey books. I have not read one through but the bits I have seen are terrible... Writing wise I mean, I was too busy cringing at the bad writing to take much notice of the story!

tlgerdes
15-07-2012, 05:40 PM
You sound like someone bitten one too many times.:D

Matt Wastell
15-07-2012, 08:05 PM
Stake them all!

2stroke
15-07-2012, 09:59 PM
Those g4y twitlight movies killed the genre for me :( God i hope they keep there hands of the zombie genre.