PDA

View Full Version here: : Son 'released from prison' today.(movie role)

hotspur
04-07-2012, 10:20 PM
Well all good things must come to and end,son phoned briefly tonight-been doing twelve hour days at Natural Arch near Lamington National Park as an extra in 'Burma Railway movie'-he was a POW,and got into trouble making radio-the Jap guards found it in bush and the POW 's got a flogging,he was playing a British POW.

Said it was a great experience,the directors picked a group of six out of seventy to be just behind main actors-and he was one of the six,so will be in shot in movie,he really liked all the kit they had and got to get up close and talk with people using it-they picked up he was doing film and T.V course and let him get well aquainted with gear,amazing cranes and all sorts of things.

So will be good to hear all the stories first hand,think he might have some images of the mountains on his phone.

jjjnettie
04-07-2012, 10:41 PM
:) If he's allowed to share the photos, we'd love to see them.

DavidTrap
04-07-2012, 10:59 PM
So was it "good" that he was in jail?? I'm sure all parent's might think this a good thing at times!

Glad to hear he's getting experience anyway he can in the industry Chris - must be a very tough nut to crack.

DT

hotspur
05-07-2012, 07:37 AM
Yes David,he's got some good contacts out of the work,said it was amazing just to see what goes on in a movie set,apparently the kit is 'to die for gear'.

Yes,jjj will see what images he got on his phone and post when time allows,he said the extras where all look after well,good lunch and food all day.I think the pay might have been fairly reasonable,but not sure how much commision agency takes-its all a learning curve at this stage,but I think many would love to be just involved in an aspect of this industry.

Be a big job looking after the data collected.

leon
06-07-2012, 09:34 PM
You had me a bit worried there Chris, (Son released from prison), a bad egg in the family I thought, Wow what an experience, I'm sure you are proud and he is happy.

Leon

hotspur
07-07-2012, 07:00 PM
Yes,Leon-it was a good experience for him,and he really enjoyed it,he has some photos of a bit of the behind the scene set area,and some images of him in the make up department,and in his outfit.I will up load them when I can-there of his phone.

alan meehan
07-07-2012, 07:20 PM
Good to see your son got a good roll,who knows where it might lead unlike my son just got released from prison after 5 yrs for real
AL