PDA

View Full Version here: : Red Dot Finder

I.C.D
04-07-2012, 08:02 AM
G'Day All,
What is the best red dot finder to buy as my last one won't go up or down any more. :( Pulled it apart and found the fine thread in the lug was stripped .Tried to re-tap with a coarse thread without much luck.

Ian C

brian nordstrom
04-07-2012, 08:25 AM
:) I have a TV " Starbeam " solid ally construction and it is a beauty , great if you can afford one , but the best there is .
Br5ian.

Varangian
04-07-2012, 09:22 AM
I'm using the GSO 4 view red dot finder, gives you four different bullseye options on the target. Cheap option from Andrews @ $70 but it sounds like you are after something at the top end. Adjustments are made with a key so is less likely to knock out of alignment. Nice big screen with rubber cover. Downfalls includes plastic base (although the rest is metal) and also no cover over screen so susceptible to dew. Has a 30mm base, does the job.

I.C.D
04-07-2012, 06:03 PM
G'Day John
That is the one I have (a GSO 4 view red dot finder ) and the only fault with it is the "up" Down" screw and the lug . It ismade from a soft metal which will not stand up to a lot of strain everything else is made to work.
Bugger Ian :shrug:

ColHut
04-07-2012, 11:45 PM
If you have a big scope then a Telerad is good. Otherwise if weight is an issue a Rigel Quickfinder. Both can be used alongside finder scopes.