PDA

View Full Version here: : Praise goes to Tasco Service

solissydney
02-07-2012, 10:14 AM
About 2 years ago I bought a near new EQ6 Pro mount off a member of Iceinspace, at the same time I also replaced my ST-4 guider with a SG-4 also by SBIG.
From day one I was unable to auto guide for much longer then 10 min. Unsure which item was at fault and, due to poor skies, it has taken me this long to solve my problem.
In short, with the help of a friend, and with the circuit board and the RA motor on the work bench we determined that pulses via the circuit board through the X- wire merely caused the motor to vibrate instead of spinning. As the tracking of the mount is slightly fast, that result explained why the guider was unable to slow down the RA motor when guiding.
When I went to the importer of the Skyscan mounts at Tasco's Service Dept. in Brookvale and, in a few short words described the problem, the first few words from Ros, the service person, was: "I have a new controller board here you can take with you". I nearly fell over. No such thing as, (leave it with me for a few days, I will contact you when it is ready, or whatever). Further, 'if it works just mail me your faulty board'.
How is that for service. May there be more companies like that.
Ken