PDA

View Full Version here: : Another vs thread - GSO or SW 8" f4 CF newts?

Adsyadsman
01-07-2012, 09:51 AM
Hi all,

Looking at getting back into 'looking up' again after an extended period of absence due to raising my youngen's.
I had in mind one of these fast 8" or 10" f4 newts from GSO or SW.
Looks like cf is the way to go, but it seems GSO wont be releasing their version of the 10" any time soon :sadeyes:.
So I would like anyones real life experience or thoughts between these two.
Especially on quality and build differences.
1. GSO's 3" focuser vs SW 2"
2. GSO's primary cell vs SW - quality and build design if different.
3. Would GSO'2 10" with motor focuser be a better alternative than SW high priced 10" cf?

As there is only a few$$$ between the GSO and SW 8" but a huge gap between the 10", what would be the better (as in an 'all rounder' use) scope - 8" or 10".

I'd be looking at using an iEQ45 as my mount of choice, so the weight shouldn't be an issue.

Any thoughts and opinions are appreciated. :)

brian nordstrom
01-07-2012, 10:02 AM
:D Hi Adam and welcome back , on the OTA's i cant say , but the IEQ45 mounts I can .
I have one and its an awsome mount , in the 12 months I have owned and used it , it has not missed a beat .
They are so easy to set up and use ,as well as being very accurate , my personal oponion is get one and you wont be dissapointed , they are a very good mount .:thumbsup: .
Brian.

MrB
01-07-2012, 09:34 PM
Great thread Adam, I'm interested in these scopes too.
Looking forward to some knowledgeable input

Adsyadsman
02-07-2012, 09:10 AM
Thanks for the feedback.
Yeah, Im sure there are a few out there comparing the two.
There are heaps of forums reviewing or dissecting each scope, but I haven't found any threads giving an informative comparo of the two in real world side by side shoot-off fashion :shrug:
They both have their good and bad points from what I've read, but if Im going to lay down my hard earned on one, I would like to know what I could be getting into with each scope.
Anyways, I'll be watching this thread with interest :thumbsup: