PDA

View Full Version here: : Chivalry is back

Wookie
29-06-2012, 10:52 PM
Hi all,

I just wanted to share an experience I have had recently in my search for an EQ6 mount.
I found an EQ6 mount on WA gumtree (older black version) and inquired as to what delivery costs would be. The seller's Mrs turned out to be in logistics and hence could post via TNT for free.
Score!
I received delivery in 2 boxes so securely packaged it took 30 mins to dismantle it fully. The seller forgot to include the manuals and proceeded to express post those the day after sending the package.
The mount is in fantastic condition cosmetically, the seller included scope rings and a Celestron Neximage camera at no additional charge.
Above all else, the seller has refrained from accepting payment until I have been satisfied with the purchase (i.e receiving and testing of equipment).
Since I did not purchase from this site and there is no feedback available on gumtree I'd just like to post my positive experience with you good people of IIS that there is indeed good people in this world who conduct business honorably (and above expectations).
I'm the cause of crappy weather in Adelaide this weekend it seems.
:)

Have a great weekend everyone.

Ryan

brian nordstrom
29-06-2012, 10:56 PM
:thumbsup: Great story Ryan , I have made a few buys from IIs members and they have given me the same kind of service . it warms the heart does it not ? .Astronony people are the best .:D .
Brian

stephenb
30-06-2012, 05:25 AM
Ryan that is one trustworthy person. Restores your faith in people doesn't it! Good on her and good to see you got a bargain :thumbsup:

I've just bought an item from the IIS Classifieds and the seller posted it before the payment hit his bank account. So grateful because I received it prior to the weekend. :thumbsup:

Stephen

Octane
30-06-2012, 06:50 AM
Another Gumtree success story? My face is melting!

Nice one, Ryan. :)

H

big_dav_2001
30-06-2012, 06:02 PM
I also had a simillar experience from the classifieds recently, I received the item before I even had the chance to send the payment. Great to see that trust and chivalry is alive and well, and that that trust is justified by the people who stick to their word an send payment, etc.

Davin

naskies
01-07-2012, 10:57 AM
Yes, it is truly a great community here.

:rofl: I've not once completed a Gumtree sale without the buyer somehow trying to screw me over at the last minute!

Stardrifter_WA
02-07-2012, 02:25 PM
Well done Wookie!

Although a great story with a very happy ending, I am happy to say that I don't think this is all that remarkable. I believe, and experience has shown, that most people are basically good anyway? I sure hope it stays that way thought :P

FlashDrive
02-07-2012, 03:06 PM
Awesome Wookie ..!! :eyepop:
There's been a few members here I've bought from and have posted the Gear before the funds hit's their Bank Account.

It's great to know you can be trusted and relied on.

Great outcome Wookie .. :thumbsup:

Flash :hi: