PDA

View Full Version here: : Astronomy iPhone Theme - Complete

Intergage
29-06-2012, 11:33 AM
Hey all,

I have recently finished theming and jail breaking my iPhone 4s with the sole purpose of making it an awesome astronomy tool. Here are a couple of screen shots: http://imgur.com/a/v9bUC

It's quite customizable and I have already found it quite useful.

It's not just a themed iphone once it links with (apparently) "NASA's online Solar clock" and according to that, will turn a light shade of red and will become darker as the night goes on. I have quick re-screen enable for easy to use, I have multiple very useful astronomy and star gazing apps. Easy to see weather (Cloudy, raining, sunny, Clear moon, etc), real time and using one of the apps where planets, clusters, nebular, etc are currently in their orbit.

If anyone is interested I might be able to write up a small how-to guide with what I used to do it etc when I get some time.

Let me know what you guys think.

mozzie
29-06-2012, 11:51 AM
sweet matt!!!!!!!!!!!! is it easy to do,or you have to be an IT type of person....

very customised know. well done :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Intergage
29-06-2012, 12:08 PM
Hey mate, I have been working full time in IT for over 5 years as a sysadmin / Network engineer so I'm no programmer and I'm not small jobs expert and I managed to do it. With the right guide and the right confidence it wouldn't be too hard no, took me almost 2 months to be happy with the end product though and the amount you can customize is ridiculous so you can make it your own style and just keep the astronomy aspects of it (That is what took it's time) and I'm currently attempting to get moon phases to display on the upper half of the lock screen :)

mozzie
29-06-2012, 12:22 PM
wow!!!!!!! sounds like you have to know a fair bit about these things..it looks so cool out of the ordinary that's what i like.....

i worked out last night how to reset your apps -angry birds etc-the kids play them....delete it and then install again cost nothing...:lol::lol::lol: that's about the best i can do on these things..

Intergage
29-06-2012, 12:40 PM
Hahaha, anyone around Brisbane I might even be able to. I was thinking of bring'in my laptop to a star party one night and doing it for anyone that would like it.. Just so I can get my foot into an astronomy a community haha.

mozzie
29-06-2012, 02:32 PM
are you coming to astrofest!!!!!!!! it's a fantastic star party.. august 10-19

plenty of scopes and people with friendly astronomy knowledge!!!!!

Intergage
29-06-2012, 02:40 PM
My mate is flying up from Sydney (Not an Astronomer but interested) and we are going to go for a weekend and camp somewhere random during the night. Just for a weekend not the full week or how ever long it goes for.

VERY VERY interested.. Look for the big 6'4" red head and a guy with a loud mouth then ask the red head to "Plz hax my phone" haha :P

mozzie
29-06-2012, 03:43 PM
first or last weekend????
i'm there for the last 3 nights!!!!!!!

Intergage
29-06-2012, 03:47 PM
Yeah, the final weekend.. :)

mozzie
29-06-2012, 04:25 PM
well have to catch up !!!!!!!!! i'm the bald bloke that turns up in his bricklaying truck :):)

DistroMan
01-07-2012, 04:58 PM
I'm not able to attend these fests, but would love to see a write up of how you managed this. Thanks.