PDA

View Full Version here: : Son in POW role on movie set today.

hotspur
27-06-2012, 08:56 PM
My eldest son ended up as an extra on the current movie that is currently been filmed in Queensland,today.

He is a POW in the 'burma railway' movie,and had to go to natural arch on the QLD/NSW border and got very soggy and cold,he arrived and was selected to carry railway sleepers with another POW's ,and walk behind the main actors-he said they got good 'dolly shots' with him in,and he enjoyed talking with DOP.He had to go to a few interviews,and was selected to be a British soldier POW-the casting director said he spoke well and was nice and skinny!

jjjnettie
27-06-2012, 10:25 PM
:) How exciting for him. It's going to be a great help with his studies too.

blink138
27-06-2012, 11:23 PM
nice one chris!
pat

allan gould
28-06-2012, 07:46 AM
Both of you must be wrapped - I know I would be. Well done we expect images when available.

inline_online
28-06-2012, 11:15 AM
Lucky him. That sounds like a lot of fun.

My little brother in NZ recently worked as an extra for The Hobbit movie. He is playing one of the Orcs in The Battle of the Five Armies. He said they spend two days covered in fake blood, swinging battle axes, maces and swords and fighting elves and dwarfs.

hotspur
28-06-2012, 01:17 PM
Cool!

Thanks all,yes he was pleased to get on set,think he is at Natural Arch tomorrow,and then they think there at Gold Coast studious or somewhere on the Northside of Brisbane next week.Nor real sure as yet.

Sorry jjj- no images,they are not allowed to take photos or have phones switched on.Yes,it will help him with studies in that area-and get contacts.